- Tigers trade RHP Fister to Nationals for 3 players Updated: Dec-03-13 1:12 am
- Winter deals show the advantage of building from within Updated: Nov-26-13 12:18 pm
- GM on Peralta: Cardinals not 'morality police' Updated: Nov-25-13 6:55 pm
- Alderson: Stacking money, but Mets have only 5s Updated: Nov-11-13 8:35 pm
- Baseball focus turns to trades, free agents, A-Rod Updated: Nov-09-13 1:15 pm
Though the amount of money being thrown around baseball continues to astonish, there probably won't be a more eye-popping contract handed out this offseason than the four-year, $53 million deal the St. Louis Cardinals agreed to with infielder Jhonny Peralta.
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals factored in Jhonny Peralta's drug suspension when they negotiated a $53 million, four-year contract with the free agent shortstop.
ORLANDO, Florida - Sandy Alderson stepped into the hotel lobby at the general managers' meetings and was ready with a quick quip.
NEW YORK - Baseball's business season figures to be a little different this autumn and winter.