- Governor: Closing Boston amid bomber hunt 'tough' Updated: Apr-19-14 1:07 pm
- Survivors keep busy as Boston Marathon approaches Updated: Apr-18-14 10:18 pm
- Little government response to bombing a year later Updated: Apr-17-14 3:11 am
- Boston Marathon organizers confident of safe race Updated: Apr-16-14 5:04 pm
- Defense says bombing suspect's family key to case Updated: Apr-16-14 4:40 pm
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks Updated: Apr-16-14 12:29 am
- Could police have averted the Boston bombings? Updated: Apr-15-14 5:37 pm
- Questions linger year after Boston Marathon bombs Updated: Apr-14-14 5:42 pm
- Boston police chief: Plan for worst-case scenarios Updated: Apr-11-14 7:14 pm
- Report: No missed opportunities in Boston attack Updated: Apr-11-14 4:16 am
- 'Long Mile Home' must-read story of Boston bombing Updated: Apr-10-14 3:01 pm
- Chief describes Boston Marathon lessons learned Updated: Apr-09-14 2:50 pm
- Victim in famous photo marks year since marathon Updated: Apr-05-14 10:36 am
- Marathon victim sues Glenn Beck for defamation Updated: Apr-01-14 10:58 am
- Gov. Patrick: Can't second guess shooting probe Updated: Mar-26-14 4:38 pm
- FBI: Release of marathon suspect photo right call Updated: Mar-23-14 8:02 pm
- Officials: FBI agent cleared in Florida shooting Updated: Mar-21-14 4:49 pm
BOSTON - Several days after the Boston Marathon bombing, Gov. Deval Patrick received a call in the pre-dawn hours from a top aide telling him that police officers outside the city had just engaged in a ferocious gun battle with the two men suspected of setting the bombs and that one was dead and the other had fled.
BOSTON - Survivors of last year's twin bombings at the Boston Marathon say they have mixed feelings as this year's race day approaches.
BOSTON - A year after homemade bombs ripped through the Boston Marathon, state and federal officials have enacted virtually no policy changes in response to the attack, a dramatic departure from previous acts of terrorism that prompted waves of government action.
BOSTON - The arrest of a man with a rice cooker in his backpack near the Boston Marathon finish line led police to step up patrols Wednesday, while organizers sought to assure the city and runners of a safe race next week.
BOSTON - Lawyers for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev said Wednesday that understanding Tsarnaev's family is key to their case, offering a glimpse of the defense strategy as they prepare to defend him against charges that carry the possibility of the death penalty.
BOSTON - Survivors, first responders and relatives of those killed in the Boston Marathon bombing marked the anniversary Tuesday with tributes that combined sorrow over the loss of innocent victims with pride over the city's resilience in the face of a terror attack.
BOSTON - It was a shocking slaying in a Boston suburb that sometimes goes years without one homicide, let alone three at once. The victims' throats had been sliced in a home on a tree-lined street, marijuana and cash strewn over their bodies.
BOSTON - A surveillance video shows a man prosecutors say is Dzhokhar Tsarnaev placing a bomb near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, just yards from where an 8-year-old boy was killed when it exploded.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The police supervisor who oversaw the response to the Boston Marathon bombing last year said one of the keys to preparing for terrorist attacks is conjuring up worst-case scenarios.
WASHINGTON - A review of how the government's intelligence agencies handled information they had before the Boston Marathon bombings last year concluded that it was impossible to know whether anything could have been done differently to prevent the attack.
"Long Mile Home: Boston Under Attack, the City's Courageous Recovery, and the Epic Hunt for Justice" (Dutton), by Scott Helman and Jenna Russell
WASHINGTON - It's been almost a year since police in the Boston suburb of Watertown were at the center of the hunt for the Boston Marathon bombing suspects.
CARLISLE, Massachusetts - The year since Jeff Bauman was pushed in a wheelchair from the Boston Marathon, his legs ravaged and his face ashen, has been marked by pain and difficulty but also by triumphs: He's learned to walk on new prosthetic legs, he's gotten engaged and he's an expectant father.
BOSTON - A Saudi Arabian man injured in the Boston Marathon bombings has filed a defamation lawsuit against Glenn Beck, accusing the conservative commentator of calling him "the money man" behind the attack.
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick says he's in no position to second guess an investigation clearing an FBI agent of criminal charges in the fatal shooting last year of a friend of one of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects.
BOSTON - Federal law enforcement officials debated whether to release photos that led to the capture of a suspect in last year's bombing at the Boston Marathon, an FBI official has told CBS News.
WASHINGTON - A Florida prosecutor has cleared an FBI agent of any criminal wrongdoing in the fatal shooting of a Chechen man as he was being questioned about a Boston Marathon bombing suspect, two law enforcement officials with knowledge of the investigation said Friday.