- Actor John Schneider opens La. studio Updated: Mar-02-14 12:08 pm
- Razzies pick Will and Jaden Smith as worst actors Updated: Mar-02-14 7:23 am
- Oscars go casual at starry last-day rehearsal Updated: Mar-02-14 12:40 am
- Perry, Lee and Poitier feted at Essence event Updated: Feb-27-14 11:38 am
- '12 Years a Slave' wins big at NAACP Image Awards Updated: Feb-22-14 11:46 pm
- Lottery winners urged to avoid big purchases Updated: Feb-18-14 6:11 pm
- Essence to honor African-American men in cinema Updated: Feb-10-14 9:58 am
HOLDEN, Louisiana - Actor-writer-director John Schneider has opened a film production studio near Holden in Livingston Parish.
LOS ANGELES - Will and Jaden Smith have something they can bond over. They were both awarded Razzies for their performances in "After Earth."
LOS ANGELES - Before the big show, the Oscars have a casual day.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - "This is historic!" a photographer yelled as he surveyed the image before him - Sidney Poitier in the center, Spike Lee to his right, Tyler Perry to his left and more than two dozen other black men in Hollywood, from Blair Underwood to Omar Epps, huddled tight around the legend, posing with a purpose.
LOS ANGELES - "12 Years a Slave" swept the film categories at the NAACP Image Awards with four wins.
ST. LOUIS - Jackpots like Wednesday's anticipated $400 million-plus Powerball can grant a lot of wishes. But what if you were the only winner, and you had but one chance to blow all that money on a single purchase?
LOS ANGELES - Essence is known for honoring black women, but during Oscar week, it'll also be lauding the accomplishments of African-American men in film.