- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71 Updated: Mar-10-14 11:20 pm
- Obama visits Sunnylands twice in less than a year Updated: Feb-17-14 12:48 pm
- Celebrities react to Shirley Temple's death Updated: Feb-12-14 3:01 am
- AP PHOTOS: 10 things to know about Shirley Temple Updated: Feb-11-14 4:10 pm
- Curls and dimples: Shirley Temple dies at 85 Updated: Feb-11-14 2:54 pm
- Shirley Temple won praise in diplomatic career Updated: Feb-11-14 7:46 am
- Scandal may hurt Christie's ability to push agenda Updated: Feb-09-14 2:56 pm
NEW YORK - Joe McGinniss wasn't one to let a story tell itself.
RANCHO MIRAGE, California - With two visits in less than a year to the sprawling Sunnylands estate in Southern California, President Barack Obama is helping to fulfill the dream of the late philanthropists Walter and Leonore Annenberg, who hoped the desert property they used as a winter home would become the "Camp David of the West."
LOS ANGELES - The praises of Shirley Temple are being sung by celebrities across Hollywood who remembered her as America's prolific little darling.
She was the biggest of child stars. She was the top U.S. box-office draw from 1935 to 1938, bigger than Clark Gable, Bing Crosby, Gary Cooper or Joan Crawford. She kept children singing "On the Good Ship Lollipop" for generations, retired from acting at age 21 and went on to a diplomatic career. Here's a look at the life of Shirley Temple, who died Monday at age 85:
Any kid who ever tap-danced at a talent show or put on a curly wig and auditioned for "Annie" can only dream of being as beloved - or as important - as Shirley Temple.
NEW YORK - Shirley Temple got her first ambassador appointment after Secretary of State Henry Kissinger heard her discussing Namibia at a party and, in her words, was "surprised that I even knew the word."
TRENTON, New Jersey - This is the year Chris Christie was planning to be more than just New Jersey's governor. Yet it turns out that high-profile investigations into his administration and campaign operation in a political payback case could make advancing his agenda a challenge.