- Iowans asks for EPA hearing on ethanol in Iowa Updated: Dec-12-13 4:56 pm
- Watch: D.C. jabs, quotes of 2013 will make you wince Updated: Dec-12-13 10:49 am
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Dec-10-13 11:32 am
- Grassley joins Branstad to protest biofuels rule Updated: Nov-22-13 5:44 pm
- Farm bill takes aim at state animal welfare laws Updated: Nov-19-13 11:47 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa's governor and the state's entire congressional delegation on Thursday signed onto a letter to the Obama administration asking the Environmental Protection Agency to hold a hearing in Iowa to discuss the agency's proposal to reduce the amount of ethanol that must be blended with gasoline in 2014.
WASHINGTON - This is the slightly twisted time of year when we look back with fondness, horror, disbelief and no little amount of wincing to review what came out of the mouths of our politicians since January.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
NEVADA, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad said Friday that by proposing to reduce next year the amount of ethanol blended into gasoline, environmental officials had "embarked on a war on corn."
WASHINGTON - The future of state laws that regulate everything from the size of a hen's cage to the safe consumption of Gulf oysters may be at stake as farm bill negotiators work to resolve a long-simmering fight between agriculture and animal welfare interests.