- After past opposition, SC delegation now seeks flood aid Updated: Oct-06-15 5:44 pm
WASHINGTON - South Carolina's congressional delegation is vowing to make sure the state gets federal help to recover from the historic flooding from massive rains.
- Kelley Paul files husband Rand's S. Carolina primary papers Updated: Sep-29-15 10:19 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Rand Paul is now officially a candidate in South Carolina's presidential primary.
- Odds-on favorite for next speaker known for political skill Updated: Sep-26-15 2:51 am
WASHINGTON - Rep. Kevin McCarthy has risen to the upper reaches of House leadership mostly on the basis of his people skills and political smarts rather than his policy chops.
- Boehner to leave as Congress confronts intractable issues Updated: Sep-26-15 2:36 am
WASHINGTON - House Speaker John Boehner says he had planned to resign at the end of last year but stayed on because he feared a leadership shakeup would create too much turmoil for House Republicans.
- Mulvaney joins GOP candidate Paul on South Carolina tour Updated: Sep-23-15 9:32 am
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul is touring South Carolina with one of his newest supporters - U.S. Rep. Mick Mulvaney.
- US Rep. Mulvaney backing Paul's GOP presidential bid Updated: Sep-21-15 12:08 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - U.S. Rep. Mick Mulvaney announced Monday he would be supporting Rand Paul's bid for president, making him the first South Carolina congressman to officially back a Republican candidate seeking the 2016 nomination.
- GOP leaders face tough test in Congress to keep gov't open Updated: Sep-21-15 4:55 am
WASHINGTON - Congress' Republican leaders face stark tests as they fight to keep the government open past month's end, amid fears a shutdown could imperil their party's White House ambitions.
- GOP leaders face difficult battle to avert federal shutdown Updated: Sep-14-15 4:16 am
WASHINGTON - No government shutdown this year, Republican congressional leaders say. But with Congress, it's never easy.