- Yankees, a team in transition, feel downbeat and yet hopeful Updated: Oct-07-15 6:17 pm
NEW YORK - The quartet leaned against the dugout railing with uniformly glum expressions during the ninth inning, Masahiro Tanaka and Dellin Betances crossing their arms, Brett Gardner dangling his over a railing and Chris Young resting his chin on a hand.
- Yanks still have not led playoff game since Jeter got hurt Updated: Oct-07-15 1:31 am
NEW YORK - The Yankees still have not led in a postseason game since Derek Jeter sprawled in the dirt three years ago, screaming in pain from a broken ankle.
- Ellsbury, Yanks' $153M man, doesn't start in playoff loss Updated: Oct-07-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - Jacoby Ellsbury sat the bench for most of his first postseason game after signing a $153 million contract with the New York Yankees. When he finally got in, he saw three pitches at the plate and one inning in center field.
- CC Sabathia to enter alcohol rehab center, miss playoffs Updated: Oct-05-15 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia walked into manager Joe Girardi's office in Baltimore on Sunday and made a stunning admission: He has an alcohol problem.
- Yanks still chasing home-field edge after 9-2 loss to O's Updated: Oct-03-15 3:46 pm
BALTIMORE - Yankees starter Ivan Nova allowed five runs in another shaky outing and New York failed to wrap up home field for the AL wild-card game, losing 9-2 to the Baltimore Orioles on Saturday in the opener of a split-doubleheader.
- Yankees-Orioles game called by rain; will play 2 on Saturday Updated: Oct-02-15 6:28 pm
BALTIMORE - The New York Yankees might have a busy weekend before getting a one-day break ahead of the playoffs.
- Severino leads Yankees to win over White Sox Updated: Sep-27-15 6:09 pm
NEW YORK - Dustin Ackley was a surprise trade-deadline acquisition by New York, arriving in a season-long slump with few credentials to support the early hype of a No. 2 overall draft pick. Then he got hurt.
- Hopes for East crown take a hit as Yankees lose 4-0 to Jays Updated: Sep-23-15 11:32 pm
- Stroman strong as Martin's HR leads Jays past Yankees 4-0 Updated: Sep-23-15 10:40 pm
- Blue Jays lose 6-4 to Yankees; AL East lead shrinks to 2 1/2 Updated: Sep-23-15 12:46 am
TORONTO - When his team is playing at home, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons understands long balls can hurt just as much as they help.
- Eovaldi still too sore to resume throwing Updated: Sep-21-15 5:52 pm
TORONTO - Yankees right-hander Nathan Eovaldi still has inflammation in his sore right elbow and won't be able to resume throwing until next week, manager Joe Girardi said Monday.
- Harvey pulled after 5, Mets fall apart in 11-2 loss to Yanks Updated: Sep-21-15 2:33 am
NEW YORK - Managing innings for Matt Harvey plus an entire team in a pennant race is becoming quite a headache for Terry Collins.
- Yanks take advantage of Harvey's exit, rout sloppy Mets 11-2 Updated: Sep-21-15 2:26 am
NEW YORK - There's certainly one New York team elated about the limit on Matt Harvey's innings - and it's not the first-place Mets.
- Tanaka to start series opener against Mets Updated: Sep-16-15 5:39 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Masahiro Tanaka will start for the New York Yankees on Friday night in the opener of a three-game series at the crosstown Mets.
- Blue Jays-Yankees rained out, doubleheader Saturday Updated: Sep-10-15 8:48 pm
- Sabathia makes strong return but Yanks lose to Orioles 5-3 Updated: Sep-09-15 11:37 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia left the mound with a two-run lead and the bases loaded with two outs in the fifth inning, muttering to himself after hitting Chris Davis with a pitch.