- Commissioner: St. Louis in mix for next round of expansion Updated: May-19-15 8:12 pm
ST. LOUIS - Major League Soccer commissioner Don Garber said Tuesday that St. Louis will be a top contender for the next round of expansion, probably in 2020, if the city's stadium plans for a new NFL stadium are fulfilled.
- Peacock: City, state contribution will total $250 million Updated: May-13-15 8:28 am
ST. LOUIS - The task force developing plans for a new football stadium along the Mississippi River in St. Louis now anticipates that the state of Missouri and the city will contribute $250 million, not the $350 million originally anticipated, for the project.
- 'Avengers' + 'Star Wars' = big year for Disney Updated: May-05-15 1:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - Who would win if Captain America fought Luke Skywalker? Why Disney, of course, which stands to bring in astronomical amounts of money this year from two big installments of two of the most popular film franchises ever.
- Mothers of young men shot by police call for more oversight Updated: Apr-30-15 2:33 pm
ST. LOUIS - Two St. Louis-area mothers whose sons were fatally shot by police officers say unrest in places like Ferguson and Baltimore won't stop until police work with, instead of against, the black community.
- Exxon's 1Q profit falls 46 percent amid decline in oil price Updated: Apr-30-15 12:49 pm
IRVING, Texas - Exxon earned $4.94 billion in the first quarter, a huge sum but only about half of what the company made last year. Lower oil prices depleted both Exxon's top and bottom lines.
- Report: Bills for proposed new St. Louis stadium total $800K Updated: Apr-30-15 10:36 am
ST. LOUIS - Contractors already have submitted roughly $800,000 in bills toward the development of a billion-dollar proposed football stadium in St. Louis, according to a newspaper report.