- Extended slump in oil taking toll on industry, economy Updated: Jul-31-15 2:40 pm
NEW YORK - As drivers, shippers and airlines continue to enjoy lower fuel prices, the oil industry is responding to much lower profits with sharp cuts in spending and employment that are hurting economic growth.
- Merck tops Street 2Q forecasts despite lower sales, profit Updated: Jul-28-15 10:16 am
Merck & Co.'s second-quarter profit plunged by two-thirds, hammered by the sale of its consumer business, unfavorable currency exchange rates, lower sales of some key drugs and hefty one-time charges.
- $50 million in tax credits sought for St. Louis stadium Updated: Jul-17-15 10:30 am
ST. LOUIS - A revised plan for a new NFL stadium in St. Louis calls for the stadium authority to seek $50 million in state tax credits from the Missouri Development Finance Board.
- Google's 2Q signals new era of austerity with new CFO Updated: Jul-16-15 6:40 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - After years of big spending on risky projects that CEO Larry Page proudly hails as "moonshots," Google may be launching into a new orbit of financial discipline.
- Johnson & Johnson edges Street views with weak 2Q Updated: Jul-14-15 3:10 pm
Johnson & Johnson's recovering U.S. consumer health business, following years of recalls that kept Tylenol, Motrin and other marque brands off store shelves, put a much-needed Band-Aid over a rough second quarter.
- Wells Fargo profit edges lower in 2nd quarter Updated: Jul-14-15 12:04 pm
NEW YORK - Wells Fargo, the nation's biggest mortgage lender, says its second-quarter earnings edged lower as a key measure of its profitability shrank.