- Gilead Sciences beats 4th-quarter forecasts on higher sales Updated: Feb-02-16 7:03 pm
Gilead Sciences Inc. posted a 34 percent increase in fourth-quarter profit, trouncing Wall Street expectations, as sales of its blockbuster hepatitis C drugs soared in Japan and offset lower sales in the U.S.
- Alphabet comes before Apple as world's most valuable company Updated: Feb-02-16 10:30 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Alphabet now comes before Apple atop the list of the world's most valuable companies.
- After setting iPhone record, Apple forecasts rare sales drop Updated: Jan-26-16 7:12 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple is bracing for its first sales decline in 13 years, despite selling a record 74.8 million iPhones in the final three months of 2015, in what may prove to be a turning point for the world's most valuable company.
- Johnson & Johnson beats 4Q profit views despite lower sales Updated: Jan-26-16 6:57 pm
Johnson & Johnson posted a 28 percent jump in fourth-quarter profit, beating Wall Street expectations, as the sale of part of its now-restructuring medical devices business offset the strong dollar and multiple charges. The results pushed up shares of the Dow component more than 3 percent.
- Blues seek St. Louis arena upgrades after departure of Rams Updated: Jan-26-16 12:10 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues want local governments to renovate their city-owned downtown arena as part of a project that will also upgrade the city's convention center and former home of its recently departed NFL team.
- St. Louis united against common enemy: Stan Kroenke Updated: Jan-18-16 1:11 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis football fans don't have the 49ers or Seahawks to hate anymore. They have a new nemesis: Rams owner Stan Kroenke and the NFL executives who helped take away the team.
- Public gets $16.2 million bill for Rams retention effort Updated: Jan-16-16 3:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - An effort to persuade the owner of the St. Louis Rams to keep his team in Missouri by building a new riverfront football stadium not only failed but also left the public on the hook for $16.2 million in expenses.
- St. Louis mayor: No interest in trying again on NFL Updated: Jan-13-16 4:37 pm
ST. LOUIS - The NFL is abandoning St. Louis again, and this time, the mayor has no interest in trying to bring pro football back.
- With Rams returning to LA, challenges abound for 3 NFL teams Updated: Jan-13-16 12:30 pm
HOUSTON - The Rams belong to Los Angeles once again.
- CSX 4Q profit declines 5 percent but beats forecasts Updated: Jan-12-16 6:31 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - CSX Corp. said Tuesday that its fourth-quarter profit declined 5 percent as coal demand remained weak and total volume slipped 6 percent.
- A fact check of St. Louis Rams relocation application Updated: Jan-08-16 3:10 pm
ST. LOUIS - NFL owners meet Jan. 12-13 in Houston to decide if any of three teams - the Rams, Chargers and Raiders - will be granted permission to move to suburban Los Angeles. The Rams' relocation application made available this week highlights the benefits of their proposed new stadium in Inglewood, California, and criticizes their current market in St. Louis. Some points are spot on. Others are questionable or misleading: