- Attorney: Mississippi law could harm access to gay marriage Updated: Apr-26-16 6:44 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A new Mississippi law might violate a federal judge's order that blocks the state from treating same-sex couples differently from straight couples who want to marry, says an attorney who helped overturn the state's ban on gay marriage.
- Treasurer says borrowing too high, some projects unworthy Updated: Apr-20-16 8:55 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Treasurer Lynn Fitch is objecting to a bill passed by lawmakers to borrow money for construction projects, saying some of the projects are imprudent and she's worried about the state taking on too much debt.
- Executioners and drug suppliers to be secret in Mississippi Updated: Apr-19-16 8:08 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A legal veil of secrecy could drop over much of the execution process in Mississippi under a bill agreed on by House and Senate negotiators.
- The Latest: Conservative leader praises Mississippi law Updated: Apr-06-16 7:44 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on reactions to a Mississippi law allowing government employees, religious groups and some private businesses to cite their own religious beliefs to deny services to lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender people (all times local):
- Judge blocks Mississippi ban on adoption by same-sex couples Updated: Mar-31-16 9:27 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A federal judge Thursday overturned Mississippi's ban on allowing same-sex couples to adopt children.