- Shani Davis ponders future after Olympic shutout Updated: Feb-22-14 12:53 pm
- Americans complete flop with team pursuit losses Updated: Feb-21-14 11:30 am
- Going for gold: Olympic ad winners and losers Updated: Feb-20-14 6:55 pm
- Midway through, Sochi Games delivering for Putin Updated: Feb-15-14 2:04 pm
- Groothuis gold ends years of misery, depression Updated: Feb-12-14 2:48 pm
- American stars struggling in Olympics' early days Updated: Feb-12-14 2:41 pm
- Speedskater Shani Davis is heavy favorite in 1,000 Updated: Feb-11-14 6:51 pm
- Kramer 'likely' to skip 1,500 and focus on 10K Updated: Feb-10-14 5:28 am
- Shani Davis content as he chases Olympic history Updated: Feb-07-14 8:37 am
- 11 Illinoisans competing in Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-06-14 2:58 pm
- US speedskating team has sights on big medal haul Updated: Feb-06-14 1:30 pm
SOCHI, Russia - Shani Davis wanted to end his Olympic career with a flourish. Instead, one of America's greatest speedskaters endured a miserable time with the rest of his U.S. teammates at the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - Shani Davis turned to a cartoon character to sum up the American speedskating collapse at these Winter Olympics.
NEW YORK - The pressure to win during the 2014 Sochi Olympics is nearly as intense for marketers as it is for the athletes themselves.
SOCHI, Russia - No protests. No real problems.
SOCHI, Russia - Exhausted, Stefan Groothuis sat on an infield bench and started choking up as he saw one challenger after another falter.
SOCHI, Russia - What a stunning sight: Shani Davis gliding around the speedskating oval, head down in defeat, staring glumly at the ice.
SOCHI, Russia - History awaits Shani Davis in the 1,000 meters, and the American speedskater relishes the opportunity to burnish his Olympic legacy with a record third straight victory.
SOCHI, Russia - Sven Kramer is so intent on atoning for the blunder that cost him the 10,000-meter speedskating title four years ago that he will likely skip a shot at gold in the 1,500 to concentrate exclusively on the long-distance event.
SOCHI, Russia - Shani Davis glided around the ice Friday at Adler Arena - hands clasped behind his back, lost in his thoughts as he prepared for a run at Olympic history.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Eleven Illinoisans are competing with the U.S. Olympic team in the winter games that start Thursday in Sochi, Russia.
SOCHI, Russia - The U.S. speedskating team's best Olympic performances have come on home ice. Now, in the faraway Russian Black Sea resort of Sochi, the Americans think they have a shot at matching their biggest medal haul.