- Brady in top ballot spot; Hardiman wins over Quinn Updated: Dec-11-13 4:55 pm
- S&P improves Illinois rating after pension vote Updated: Dec-10-13 5:21 pm
- Illinois governor signs pension overhaul into law Updated: Dec-05-13 5:11 pm
- Pension vote could alter Illinois governor's race Updated: Dec-04-13 6:00 pm
- Rutherford: pension plan won't hold up in court Updated: Dec-02-13 12:38 pm
- Dillard calls for specifics on pension deal Updated: Dec-01-13 3:39 pm
- GOP candidate has given own campaign $1.25M Updated: Nov-26-13 5:50 pm
- Hundreds file petitions for 2014 election Updated: Nov-25-13 5:03 pm
- Ill. term limit supporters halfway to 2014 ballot Updated: Nov-21-13 2:08 pm
- Q&A: Ill. GOP leader wants end to 'name calling' Updated: Nov-16-13 12:01 pm
- Rauner donates $500K to campaign for Illinois gov. Updated: Nov-14-13 6:33 pm
- Kirk says he won't endorse anyone in GOP primary Updated: Nov-12-13 4:13 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Sen. Bill Brady will be the first Republican listed on next spring's primary ballot for governor.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A major credit-rating house took a more positive outlook Tuesday on Illinois' ability to pay its debts, a rare economic bright spot for the state one week after lawmakers approved major pension-reform legislation.
CHICAGO - In a private ceremony attended by a handful of lawmakers, Gov. Pat Quinn signed landmark legislation Thursday to reform Illinois' massively-underfunded pension system, though labor unions immediately threatened a lawsuit challenging the new law.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Some longtime labor supporters chided Gov. Pat Quinn Wednesday over his legislative victory on a pension crisis he said he was "put on earth" to solve, a signal of the murky impact the landmark vote could have on next year's Illinois governor's race.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford (ROOTH'-ur-furd) says he doesn't support pension legislation that state lawmakers are set to consider this week.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Sen. Kirk Dillard wants to read pension-reform legislation before deciding whether to support it. Lawmakers could be asked to vote as early as Tuesday.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Republican candidate for Illinois governor who reported income of $53 million last year has contributed more than $1 million to his own campaign, but an analysis Tuesday of recent elections shows deep pockets are far from an assurance of electoral success.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Political battle lines were officially drawn Monday in the race for Illinois' chief executive as Democratic incumbent Gov. Pat Quinn and four Republican challengers were among nearly 400 politicians who offered nominating petitions on the first day of filing.
EVANSTON, Illinois - A group pushing to establish term limits for Illinois lawmakers said Thursday it's more than halfway to its goal of putting the measure on the 2014 ballot.
CHICAGO - Despite dismal showings at the polls in recent elections and a highly-publicized change in party leadership, the chairman of the Illinois Republican Party says the state GOP is "alive, well and being very, very active."
CHICAGO - Republican Bruce Rauner has made a $500,000 donation to his campaign for Illinois governor, lifting the caps on political contributions for everyone in the 2014 race and ensuring a big-money battle for the state's top job.
BUFFALO GROVE, Illinois - Republican Sen. Mark Kirk says he won't endorse any candidate in Illinois' GOP gubernatorial primary.