- Sage grouse provision left out of defense bill Updated: Sep-30-15 12:20 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Congress has failed to advance a measure that would have blocked new land-use plans meant to protect a wide-ranging Western bird, the greater sage grouse.
- Utah governor testifying before Congress on Wednesday Updated: Sep-30-15 11:02 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Gov. Gary Herbert is testifying before a congressional committee about federal oversight of natural resources in the states.
- Utah officials: Sage grouse decision masks burdensome plan Updated: Sep-22-15 6:20 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The federal government created a smoke screen for plans that will suffocate industry with its Tuesday announcement that it won't list the greater sage grouse as a threatened or endangered species, Utah officials asserted.
- The Latest: Rancher: Sage grouse cooperation broke distrust Updated: Sep-22-15 2:00 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The latest on the decision not to list the greater sage grouse as threatened or endangered (all times local):
- Arizona Democrat criticizes GOP critics of sage grouse move Updated: Sep-22-15 11:56 am
TUCSON, Arizona - A senior congressional Democrat says Republican criticism of the decision not to give federal protections to the greater sage grouse lacks credibility.
- New Mexico official: EPA kept water data secret after spill Updated: Sep-17-15 7:17 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. Environmental Protection Agency officials refused for weeks to share water-quality data with their state counterparts following a blowout of toxic wastewater from a Colorado mine that fouled rivers across the Southwest, New Mexico's top environmental regulator testified Thursday.