- Keith Urban, Jimmy Cliff headline opening day of Jazz Fest Updated: Apr-24-15 9:07 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Friday's opening day of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival highlighted a worldwide spectrum of musical influences, from the alternative Chicago-based rock band Wilco to Irish singer-guitarist Hozier and the Jamaican and reggae stylings of singer Jimmy Cliff.
- ELO's Jeff Lynne gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame Updated: Apr-24-15 4:26 am
LOS ANGELES - Jeff Lynne, the leader of the Electric Light Orchestra and a leading rock music singer, writer and producer for more than four decades, has received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Warhol's screen tests to appear on Times Square billboards Updated: Apr-23-15 11:00 am
NEW YORK - The electronic billboards of Times Square will show short silent films that Andy Warhol made of such luminaries as Bob Dylan, Allen Ginsberg and Lou Reed.
- Single session launched Percy Sledge, No. 1 hit, and a sound Updated: Apr-15-15 5:17 am
MUSCLE SHOALS, Alabama - Sound engineer Jimmy Johnson knew he had captured something special on tape as Percy Sledge finished singing "When a Man Loves a Woman" in a recording studio in 1965.
- EXCHANGE: Vinyl is back in rotation in the metro-east Updated: Apr-12-15 9:36 am
COLLINSVILLE, Illinois - A new music shop in Collinsville is just for the records.
- Discredited rape story a test for Wenner, Rolling Stone Updated: Apr-07-15 2:16 am
NEW YORK - Through decades of digging into the private lives of rock stars and providing a forum for colorful writers like Hunter S. Thompson and P.J. O'Rourke, Rolling Stone magazine publisher Jann Wenner has never been afraid to push boundaries.