- Federal, state leaders condemn Keystone delay Updated: Apr-18-14 6:49 pm
- Baucus casts wide shadow over Montana Senate race Updated: Apr-18-14 5:08 pm
- Daines raises $1.2M for quarter in Senate run Updated: Apr-11-14 1:39 pm
- 11 Senate Democrats to Obama: Approve Keystone XL Updated: Apr-10-14 5:37 pm
- CNN replacing Morgan with specials Updated: Apr-10-14 4:19 pm
- Wildlife panel endorses Rocky Mountain Front act Updated: Apr-10-14 1:27 pm
- Legislation to protect Flathead blocked in Senate Updated: Apr-03-14 8:50 pm
- Senate panel approves Little Shell recognition Updated: Apr-02-14 6:28 pm
- Northern Cheyenne coal swap goes back to Congress Updated: Apr-01-14 6:22 pm
- Montana Democratic Party endorses Walsh in primary Updated: Mar-25-14 5:16 pm
- Republicans spar over abortion in House debate Updated: Mar-25-14 1:23 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's elected officials condemned a new delay Friday in the decision whether to approve construction of an oil pipeline from Canada that will run through the eastern part of the state.
HELENA, Montana - Max Baucus' decision not to seek re-election to the Senate after 35 years opened the door for Republicans to pick up one of the six Democratic seats they need to recapture control of the Senate. But his early resignation after being named U.S. ambassador to China may have bolstered Democratic prospects of retaining the seat they've held for a century, thanks to the value of incumbency.
HELENA, Montana - U.S. Rep. Steve Daines has raised more than $1.2 million so far this year in his Senate run, outpacing his likely Democratic opponent in both contributions and cash in the bank, the Republican's campaign said Friday.
WASHINGTON - Eleven Senate Democrats, including six who face contested races this year, urged President Barack Obama on Thursday to approve the Keystone XL oil pipeline by the end of May.
NEW YORK - CNN is abandoning the talk show that anchored its prime-time schedule for three decades with Larry King and Piers Morgan in favor of several documentarylike series with personalities like Anthony Bourdain, Mike Rowe and John Walsh.
HELENA, Montana - Montana fish and wildlife commissioners are endorsing federal legislation to expand protections along the Rocky Mountain Front.
HELENA, Montana - Three U.S. senators have blocked a floor vote on legislation to protect the North Fork Flathead River.
HELENA, Montana - The Little Shell Band of Chippewa Indians is moving closer to the federal recognition it has sought for 35 years.
BILLINGS, Montana - Leaders of Montana's Northern Cheyenne tribe on Tuesday sought to revive a three-way coal swap involving the federal government and a Texas company after an earlier proposal stumbled in Congress.
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Democratic Party is endorsing Sen. John Walsh in the Democratic primary for the U.S. Senate seat over two other candidates who maintain the party should have remained neutral.
HELENA, Montana - Four Montana Republicans seeking to replace U.S. Rep. Steve Daines sparred over abortion but agreed on most other issues in their first debate ahead of a June 3 primary.