- Burnett starts vs former team, Pirates beat Phils Updated: Mar-02-14 7:21 pm
- Pirates owner: 'additions were strong' Updated: Feb-19-14 5:06 pm
- Burnett guaranteed $22.5M over 2 years by Phillies Updated: Feb-16-14 7:48 pm
- Even minus Burnett, Pirates have rotation options Updated: Feb-15-14 8:29 pm
- Pirates eager to start after playoff appearance Updated: Feb-13-14 6:43 pm
- 5 things to know about Phillies as camp starts Updated: Feb-13-14 6:02 pm
- 5 things to know as the Pirates head to camp Updated: Feb-13-14 2:06 pm
CLEARWATER, Florida - A.J. Burnett started against his former Pittsburgh teammates, giving up one run in two innings Sunday as the Pirates beat the Philadelphia Phillies 4-1.
BRADENTON, Florida - Although the Pittsburgh Pirates were not major players in the free-agent and trade markets this winter, owner Bob Nutting is optimistic the team can build on last year's success.
CLEARWATER, Florida - A.J. Burnett and the Philadelphia Phillies have completed a contract that guarantees the pitcher $15 million for 2014 and $22.5 million over two seasons.
BRADENTON, Florida - The Pittsburgh Pirates are not the only team that's proud of its pitching.
BRADENTON, Florida - Coming off their first playoff appearance in 21 years, the Pittsburgh Pirates were eager to start spring training.
PHILADELPHIA - Five things to know about the Philadelphia Phillies at the start of spring training camp:
The Pittsburgh Pirates ended two decades of losing in 2013, winning 94 games and taking the St. Louis Cardinals to the limit in the NL division series. Now the club gets to deal with something that has been foreign to them since 1992: heightened expectations. Five things to know as reigning MVP Andrew McCutchen and the rest of the Pirates start spring training: