- Woody Austin, Michael Allen take Legends lead Updated: Apr-23-16 7:58 pm
RIDGEDALE, Missouri - Woody Austin and Michael Allen shot a 12-under 59 in better-ball play Saturday to take the second-round lead in the PGA Tour Champions' Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf at Big Cedar Lodge.
- Oosthuizen latest top golfer to pull out of Rio Olympics Updated: Apr-21-16 4:00 pm
Louis Oosthuizen of South Africa won't be taking part in golf's return to the Olympics this year, the third major champion to withdraw in the last week as the deadline nears to confirm participation.
- Need help with game? Nicklaus mentors the next generation Updated: Apr-19-16 11:53 am
Justin Thomas could sense his expectations getting higher and his game going nowhere.
- Georgia editorial roundup Updated: Apr-13-16 1:49 pm
Recent editorials from Georgia newspapers:
- The Latest: Willett wins the Masters after Spieth collapses Updated: Apr-10-16 7:31 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - The Latest from the final round of the Masters on Sunday (all times local):
- One for the ages: At 58, Langer is a Masters contender Updated: Apr-09-16 8:43 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - On the 30th anniversary of Jack Nicklaus' final Masters victory, another ageless blond is making a run at the green jacket.
- Faldo shows the way on coming from behind at the Masters Updated: Apr-09-16 1:57 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - No lead is too safe at the Masters. No deficit is too daunting.
- 50 Shades of Green just one reason why we love the Masters Updated: Apr-09-16 1:53 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - The grass in the fairways is nicer than the carpeting in most homes. If the 300 or so club members ever descended on New York en masse wearing their trademark jackets, they'd immediately be awarded a float in the St. Patrick's Day parade. The event always coincides with prime time for Georgia vegetation, with azaleas and dogwoods sprinkling color on a backdrop of pines, magnolias and Bermuda grass.
- Woosnam, 1991 Masters champion, says he's done at Augusta Updated: Apr-08-16 2:57 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - After he won the Masters 25 years ago, one tiny question followed Ian Woosnam wherever he went: How could such a small man hit the ball that far?
- Nicklaus talks the 6 toughest shots at Augusta National Updated: Apr-07-16 11:26 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Augusta National has a mystique as the only major championship played on the same golf course every year.
- Palmer helps start the Masters without hitting a shot Updated: Apr-07-16 10:17 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - The most meaningful start to this Masters was a ceremonial tee shot that wasn't even hit.
- Can you top this? No hole-in-1 for reigning champ Spieth Updated: Apr-06-16 7:01 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - It's not often - if ever - that a Masters champion gets booed on the grounds of Augusta National.
- Watson's says making cut not enough, so time to say 'Adios' Updated: Apr-06-16 6:23 pm
Tom Watson's to-do list at the Masters has changed plenty over four decades, but it usually ended with the same goal: a major championship.
- Top 3 players at Masters stick with coaches from their youth Updated: Apr-06-16 2:40 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - The smell of turpentine takes Rory McIlroy back to his roots.
- Like the azaleas, skipping balls on 16 a Masters tradition Updated: Apr-06-16 5:40 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - The chants start as soon as each group has finished teeing off at the 16th hole.
- Nicklaus: Tiger isn't done just yet Updated: Apr-05-16 7:30 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Jack Nicklaus says he thinks Tiger Woods will win again. After seeing him a few weeks ago, Nicklaus is surprised Woods isn't playing the Masters this week.
- Masters mad scientist: Amateur's unusual clubs and swing Updated: Apr-05-16 6:55 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Bryson DeChambeau is the only golfer at the Masters with a set of irons that are all the same length. The last guy to try that was none other than Bobby Jones, the club's co-founder.
- McIlroy brings a new approach to his quest for Grand Slam Updated: Apr-05-16 4:36 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Rory McIlroy stood on the 17th green, waving his arms this way and that.
- Nicklaus' son rides shotgun on amazing 1986 Masters victory Updated: Apr-04-16 4:10 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Jack Nicklaus II tried to keep it as simple as possible as a caddie: Keep the clubs clean, get the right yardage and let his father do the rest.
- 5 of the biggest routs in Masters history Updated: Apr-04-16 2:34 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Jordan Spieth won the Masters by four shots last year, and he made it seem easy.
- A lone palm and a lot of trouble on the 4th hole at Augusta Updated: Apr-03-16 10:00 am
In the 79 years the Masters has been played, only one player has made a hole-in-one on the long and deceptively difficult par-3 fourth hole.
- A high golf IQ: Jordan Spieth scores with plenty of smarts Updated: Apr-02-16 11:09 am
Jordan Spieth was on the right side of the fairway at Albany Golf Club in the Bahamas, trying to figure out his next shot. He remembered the grass being a little thin on the left side, so any shot hit too hard in that direction was likely to run through into the scrub and dunes.
- Woods says he won't play the Masters Updated: Apr-02-16 1:03 am
Tiger Woods is going to Augusta National next week - to eat, not play.
- Column: As Tiger fades away, let's not forget his greatness Updated: Apr-01-16 9:19 pm
The azaleas are blooming, the pollen is swirling, and green sport coats are about to be in vogue for one whole week.
- Augusta National holes 10, 11 and 12 are toughest Updated: Apr-01-16 3:57 pm
A hole-by-hole look at Augusta National, site of the 80th Masters to be played April 7-10, with famous shots played at each one, the average score and where each hole ranks in difficulty since 1934: