- Golf's youth movement means 30 is the new 20 Updated: Jul-28-15 7:08 pm
The criteria fits for the label as the best player to have never won a major.
- Tom Watson: 'The only regret I have is that it's the end' Updated: Jul-15-15 2:36 pm
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - Tom Watson is filled with all sorts of conflicting emotions.
- AP WAS THERE: 43 years ago, Trevino ends a Grand Slam dream Updated: Jul-15-15 11:24 am
EDITOR'S NOTE: Jack Nicklaus had never trailed in any round on his way to winning the Masters and U.S. Open in 1972, and the British Open was played that year at Muirfield, where Nicklaus had won his first claret jug six years earlier. He woke up Monday morning of Open week with a stiff neck, which restricted his swing. Playing cautiously, he stayed in range of the leaders until Lee Trevino pulled away to a five-shot lead in the third round.
- Column: Spieth no Tiger, though that's not a bad thing Updated: Jul-14-15 12:50 pm
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - Jordan Spieth was practicing a shot he hopes he won't need this week, banging a few wedges off the wall on the famous Road Hole in the fading sun at this, the birthplace of golf.
- Odds are something odd will happen to Jordan Spieth Updated: Jul-14-15 12:00 pm
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - Something has to go wrong for Jordan Spieth at the British Open because it always does.
- Wie ready for title defense at US Women's Open Updated: Jul-08-15 4:59 pm
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - Michelle Wie breaks into a huge smile any time she recounts her first major victory.
- Along for the ride on Watson's farewell at St. Andrews Updated: Jul-07-15 4:56 pm
This was one time Luke Donald didn't mind taking 45 minutes to play a 357-yard hole. He was on the 18th hole at St. Andrews, and the company he kept that Friday afternoon in 2005 could not have been better.
- McIlroy ruptures ligament in ankle while playing soccer Updated: Jul-06-15 11:38 am
LONDON - Rory McIlroy was on crutches Monday with an ankle injury from playing soccer, leaving in doubt the prospects of golf's No. 1 player defending his British Open title next week at St. Andrews.