- Lesser names hogging spotlight for Penguins, Capitals Updated: May-05-16 5:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - The well-traveled defenseman filling in for his team's most indispensable player scored the first goal. The seemingly ageless center closing in on his 40th birthday scored the second. And the winger who makes a living trying to create space for Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby delivered the overtime winner that brought the Penguins within one victory of a spot in the Eastern Conference finals.
- Hornqvist scores in OT, Penguins beat Capitals 3-2 Updated: May-05-16 12:53 am
- New faces making instant impact during Penguins' surge Updated: Apr-24-16 3:49 pm
PITTSBURGH - Sidney Crosby danced through the neutral zone, slipped across the New York Rangers' blue line and waited for help. It arrived in the form of a blurring No. 43 black-and-gold jersey, the one worn by a player whose speed and relentlessness propelled him from prospect to unlikely catalyst for a Stanley Cup contender in all of five months.
- Malkin stars as Penguins push Rangers to playoff brink Updated: Apr-21-16 11:01 pm
NEW YORK - The Pittsburgh Penguins might have been the NHL's hottest team at the end of the regular season, playing the last month with Evgeni Malkin out of the lineup with an arm injury.
- Third-string goaltender Zatkoff unlikely hero for Penguins Updated: Apr-14-16 3:37 pm
PITTSBURGH - It would have been easy for Jeff Zatkoff to go through the motions. Nobody would have blamed him really.