- Legal fight over state worker pay sees 2 key rulings Friday Updated: Jul-17-15 9:08 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The legal ping pong over paying Illinois government workers without a budget took new bounces Friday, with appellate justices reversing one order and the Supreme Court declining to step into the fray.
- Illinois House takes no action on additional appropriation Updated: Jul-15-15 6:06 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The latest on the last day of lawmakers' deadline to override Gov. Bruce Rauner's budget veto. (All times local):
- AG Madigan files Supreme Court appeal in state employee pay Updated: Jul-13-15 6:38 pm
CHICAGO - Attorney General Lisa Madigan's office filed an emergency appeal Monday with the Illinois Supreme Court to settle dueling court orders about whether state employees can get paid during the budget impasse.
- Judge orders comptroller to pay state workers amid impasse Updated: Jul-09-15 7:11 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A St. Clair County judge has ordered the Illinois comptroller to fully pay state workers despite the Legislature's failure to adopt a budget.
- Regulators fine JPMorgan $136M for debt collection practices Updated: Jul-08-15 6:07 pm
WASHINGTON - JPMorgan Chase will pay $136 million to settle charges that it used illegal tactics to go after delinquent credit card borrowers, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau announced Wednesday.
- Judge bars full state worker pay without Illinois budget Updated: Jul-07-15 5:04 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois won't be allowed to pay state workers in full during an ongoing budget impasse, a Cook County judge ruled Tuesday, potentially leaving some 65,000 employees without a paycheck and putting added pressure on lawmakers to approve a new spending plan.