- Butler assistant Michael Lewis joining Miles' Nebraska staff Updated: May-03-16 7:08 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Michael Lewis is leaving his assistant coaching job at Butler to take the same position at Nebraska under Tim Miles.
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Updated: Apr-29-16 5:59 pm
BOSTON - The emergence of an All-Star and lots of victories made the Celtics one of the biggest surprises in the NBA this season.
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Updated: Apr-29-16 12:09 am
BOSTON - The Atlanta Hawks had their best regular season in franchise history spoiled last year by a dismal showing against Cleveland in the Eastern Conference finals.
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Updated: Apr-27-16 4:41 pm
BOSTON - Celtics coach Brad Stevens says that all signs point toward Isaiah Thomas being able to play in Game 6 against the Hawks.
- With big turnaround, Hawks beat Celtics 110-83 for 3-2 lead Updated: Apr-27-16 12:21 am
ATLANTA - Talk about a stunning turnaround.
- Minority coaches struggle to get opportunities in NCAA Updated: Apr-26-16 2:37 am
When Dave Dickerson's five-season run at Tulane came to an end in 2010, he joined Thad Matta's staff at Ohio State to work with one of the most respected coaches in the game, help the Buckeyes win and apply what he learned in his first head coaching job to be more successful the second time around.
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Updated: Apr-25-16 8:23 pm
NEW YORK - Toronto's Dwane Casey has won the Rudy Tomjanovich Award, given by the Professional Basketball Writers Association to an NBA coach who combines cooperation with the media and fans with excellence on the court.
- Stevens: Celtics F Kelly Olynyk will play Game 4 vs Atlanta Updated: Apr-24-16 4:36 pm
BOSTON - Boston Celtics coach Brad Stevens says forward Kelly Olynyk is available for Sunday night's game against Atlanta.
- Celtics' Olynyk out, Hawks' Schroder may play in Game 3 Updated: Apr-22-16 7:06 pm
BOSTON - Celtics center Kelly Olynyk will miss his second straight game with a sore right shoulder, while the Hawks remained hopeful that backup point guard Dennis Schroder would available for the Game 3 after spraining his left ankle.
- Stevens: Celtics' Bradley out for next 2 games vs. Hawks Updated: Apr-20-16 5:54 pm
BOSTON - Celtics coach Brad Stevens said Wednesday that starting guard Avery Bradley is out for Boston's next two playoff games against the Hawks with a right hamstring injury and "very unlikely" to return for the remainder of the first-round series.
- Celtics' Bradley (hamstring) likely out for opening round Updated: Apr-17-16 5:01 pm
- Hawks facing much lower expectations heading into playoffs Updated: Apr-14-16 3:24 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks head into the playoffs facing much lower expectations than a year ago.
- Celtics roar back from 26-point deficit to beat Heat 98-88 Updated: Apr-14-16 12:21 am
BOSTON - The Celtics invited players from three of the franchise's championship teams to the Garden on Wednesday night to support them in their regular-season finale.
- Lin has 25 points to send Hornets to 114-100 rout over Celts Updated: Apr-11-16 11:08 pm
BOSTON - Jeremy Lin noticed the loud cheers before the game, knew it was Asian-American night and then went out and led the Hornets to a big win.
- Zeller scores 26, Celtics down Bucks 124-109 Updated: Apr-08-16 11:16 pm
BOSTON - Situated firmly in a virtual logjam in the Eastern Conference's shuffle for playoff seeding, where the Boston Celtics will end up is still very much a mystery with only a handful of games to play.
- Celtics' Turner to sit out against Pelicans with eye injury Updated: Apr-05-16 6:26 pm
BOSTON - Celtics coach Brad Stevens says reserve forward Evan Turner is continuing to recover from a left eye abrasion and will sit out when they host the Pelicans on Wednesday.
- New Vols defensive coordinator Shoop appreciates history Updated: Apr-04-16 1:44 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - New Tennessee defensive coordinator Bob Shoop considers himself a student of the game and has spent the last few months learning as much as he can about the Volunteers' football history.
- Boston Celtics survive Kobe Bryant's 34, beat Lakers 107-100 Updated: Apr-04-16 1:17 am
LOS ANGELES - After 20 years, two NBA Finals meetings and countless major moments, Kobe Bryant cherishes the history and tradition of the Los Angeles Lakers' rivalry with the Boston Celtics.