- De La Rosa dominates as Rockies beat Pirates 5-0 Updated: Aug-30-15 6:08 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jorge De La Rosa was happy with the game's outcome but a little embarrassed by how his day ended.
- Rusin bounces back but Rockies fall to Pirates 4-3 Updated: Aug-29-15 11:41 pm
PITTSBURGH - Chris Rusin didn't even look at the tape. The struggling Colorado Rockies left-hander didn't need video evidence to remind him of the worst start of his career.
- McCutchen homers, Pirates top Giants 5-2 Updated: Aug-24-15 12:56 am
PITTSBURGH - Clint Hurdle doesn't dwell on things. What's next is what's important, a mantra the Pittsburgh Pirates manager has pounded home repeatedly since the day he arrived in 2010.
- Pirates activate 3B Josh Harrison from disabled list Updated: Aug-21-15 3:29 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates activated utility player Josh Harrison off the disabled list Friday after a nearly two-month stay following thumb surgery.
- Mets falter after rain, swept away by Pirates Updated: Aug-16-15 7:32 pm
NEW YORK - The Mets fell flat in a flash.
- Ramirez, Pirates rough up Mets after rain, sweep season set Updated: Aug-16-15 6:59 pm
NEW YORK - The Pittsburgh Pirates are about as in sync off the field as they are on it.
- Correction: Pirates-Cardinals story Updated: Aug-14-15 12:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - In a story Aug. 11 about the St. Louis Cardinals' 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates, The Associated Press reported erroneously several statistics from the game. Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez walked zero batters, not one; A home run by Pedro Alvarez in the fourth inning put the Pirates ahead 3-1, not 3-2; Gerrit Cole entered his start on Wednesday 1-0 with a 2.57 ERA against the Cardinals, not 0-3 with a 5.95 ERA; and Cole was 13-5 with a 2.38 ERA in his other 21 starts, not 14-2 with a 1.82 ERA in his other 18 starts.
- Doug Melvin is leaving as general manager of Brewers Updated: Aug-11-15 7:47 pm
The rebuilding of the last-place Milwaukee Brewers will be overseen by a new general manager.
- Kang, McCutchen rally Pirates past Dodgers 13-6 Updated: Aug-10-15 12:51 am
PITTSBURGH - Jung Ho Kang hit back after getting hit by pitches in his two previous plate appearances.
- Polanco, McCutchen homer in Pirates' 7-5 win over Cubs Updated: Aug-05-15 11:24 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates looked for Gregory Polanco to give them a spark when they moved him to the top of the batting order last month after leadoff hitter Josh Harrison tore a ligament in his thumb.