- Walker announces senior presidential campaign team Updated: Jul-24-15 3:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker announced the leaders of his presidential campaign team on Friday, a mixture of longtime, close advisers from Wisconsin, employees of the Republican National Committee and veterans of previous national races.
- Sioux Falls inks $27.3M deal to purchase downtown rail yard Updated: Jul-23-15 12:17 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The city of Sioux Falls plans to pay $27.3 million to BNSF Railway in exchange for about 10 acres of rail yard in the downtown area, where officials hope the deal will bolster a new phase of development.
- Rounds raises $42,700 in second quarter; $30,300 in debt Updated: Jul-20-15 7:04 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota U.S. Sen. Mike Rounds has raised about $42,700 in the most recent fundraising quarter and is sitting on about $30,300 of debt.
- Tribes push to end Affordable Care Act coverage requirement Updated: Jul-17-15 7:41 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Representatives of several Indian tribes say they support legislation introduced by congressional Republicans this week that would exempt tribes nationwide from being classified as large employers under the federal Affordable Care Act - a designation that requires tribes to pay higher insurance costs or face federal penalties.
- Noem has $1.2 million on hand for 2016 re-election bid Updated: Jul-17-15 5:39 pm
SIOUX FALL, South Dakota - South Dakota U.S. Rep. Kristi Noem has $1.2 million in the bank for a 2016 re-election bid.
- GOP bill would undermine auto, rail safety regulations Updated: Jul-16-15 6:45 pm
WASHINGTON - At a time of record auto recalls and high-profile train wrecks, Republicans are working on legislation to roll back safety regulation of the auto and railroad industries.
- Teen truckers? Bill would drop big-rig driver age to 18 Updated: Jul-10-15 5:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Parents may hesitate to hand teens the keys to the family car, but Congress is proposing to allow drivers as young as 18 to get behind the wheel of big rigs on the nation's interstates