- North Korea readies for its biggest political show in years Updated: May-05-16 10:39 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - Its capital has been duly spruced up, the masses prepped for their rallies and leader Kim Jong Un appears to be set to take center stage Friday when North Korea pulls back the curtain on what promises to be the country's biggest political show in years, if not decades: the first full congress of its ruling party since 1980.
- Details of N. Korea party congress secret, but goals clear Updated: May-03-16 4:54 am
TOKYO - North Korea, the world's last great master of Cold War-era spectacle, is likely to deliver a big one when its ruling party holds its first congress in 36 years later this week.
- North Korea party congress to show unity around Kim Jong Un Updated: May-01-16 9:10 am
TOKYO - North Korea is preparing to hold a once-in-a-generation congress of its ruling party that is intended to rally the nation behind leader Kim Jong Un and could provide an important glimpse into Kim's plans for the country's economy and military.
- Yearning for North Korea - the nation they fled Updated: Apr-29-16 5:21 am
INCHEON, South Korea - For much of the world, North Korea is a Stalinist nightmare, an isolated enclave of prison camps, poverty and hunger.
- Obama dismisses NKorea proposal on halting nuke tests Updated: Apr-24-16 2:15 pm
NEW YORK - A day after North Korea's foreign minister told The Associated Press that his country is ready to halt its nuclear tests if the United States suspends its annual military exercises with South Korea, President Barack Obama said Sunday that Washington isn't taking the proposal seriously and Pyongyang would "have to do better than that."