- K-State optimistic after overachieving year Updated: Mar-22-14 1:37 pm
- No. 9 seed Kansas State falls to Kentucky, 56-49 Updated: Mar-22-14 1:41 am
- No. 8 seed Kentucky holds off Kansas State, 56-49 Updated: Mar-22-14 1:29 am
- Some wonder whether mystery is missing from NCAAs Updated: Mar-18-14 3:11 pm
- Hotbed of college hoops rest in heartland Updated: Mar-17-14 6:37 pm
ST. LOUIS - It seemed almost cruel to ask Kansas State coach Bruce Weber in the immediate aftermath of a close, season-ending loss to Kentucky to turn his attention just that quickly to next season.
ST. LOUIS - Kansas State coach Bruce Weber wasn't unhappy with walk-on Brian Rohleder, whose dunk in warm-ups earned a technical foul that put his team in a hole against Kentucky even before their game began Friday night.
ST. LOUIS - Kentucky center Willie Cauley-Stein got a whole lot of grief from his teammates for a comment he made ahead of his team's game against Kansas State, when he brazenly said the No. 8 seed Wildcats intended to "shock the world" in the NCAA tournament.
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State freshmen Marcus Foster and Wesley Iwundu have never played Kentucky. They hadn't even seen the scouting film on the SEC powerhouse that was being put together by their coaches.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Bill Self was born in Edmond, Oklahoma He played basketball at Oklahoma State, and cut his teeth in the coaching profession at Kansas. He built up programs at Oral Roberts and Tulsa, and is now leading the Jayhawks in their pursuit of another national championship.