- Alfonso Cuaron wins Oscar for best director Updated: Mar-02-14 11:44 pm
- Pressler 'American Hustle' ad to air during Oscars Updated: Feb-28-14 5:04 pm
- Oscar horse race to be a photo finish Updated: Feb-28-14 1:25 pm
- Hollywood movie titles lost in translation Updated: Feb-28-14 11:59 am
- Green light often highest hurdle on road to Oscars Updated: Feb-24-14 1:40 pm
- Oscars rich in tales of wealthy and poor Updated: Feb-17-14 11:05 am
- '12 Years a Slave' named best film at UK awards Updated: Feb-16-14 9:10 pm
- Oscar nominees arrive for annual luncheon Updated: Feb-10-14 8:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - Alfonso Cuaron has won the Academy Award for best director for the visually groundbreaking lost-in-space spectacle "Gravity."
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - As "American Hustle" vies for a best picture Oscar Sunday night, former U.S. Sen. Larry Pressler will pop into the Academy Awards broadcast a couple of times to remind South Dakota residents that he was the lone congressman to turn down a bribe in the real-life 1970s Abscam scandal.
LOS ANGELES - Many of the winners who will take home an Oscar on Sunday have long been forecast, their triumph made seemingly self-evident after months of anticipation. That is, except for one little category: best picture.
JERUSALEM - David O. Russell's crime drama "American Hustle" could be a big winner at Sunday's Academy Awards. But for the movie's many international fans, it may take a little longer to realize it. In their country, there is simply no word that captures the true essence of "Hustle."
NEW YORK - This year's Academy Awards nominees reflect a Hollywood truism: The margin between the dust bin and the Oscar red carpet is often razor thin.
NEW YORK - Early in "Captain Phillips," the cargo ship captain (Tom Hanks) and his wife (Catherine Keener) drive from their Vermont home to the airport where he'll take a flight to his next job, one that will bring him face-to-face with the less fortunate on the other side of the globe. Like the chatter of so many couples, their conversation turns to their general feeling of economic uncertainty.
LONDON - The force of "Gravity" was strong at the British Academy Film Awards on Sunday - but it was unflinching drama "12 Years a Slave" that took the top prize.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - More than 150 Oscar nominees gathered at a Beverly Hills hotel on Monday to celebrate the joy of just being nominated.