- Melissa Rivers lauds and laughs in 'The Book of Joan' Updated: May-04-15 3:06 pm
"The Book of Joan" (Crown), by Melissa Rivers
- Telethon that Jerry Lewis memorably ran pulls plug Updated: May-01-15 6:42 pm
NEW YORK - The Muscular Dystrophy Association telethon is ending its annual Labor Day telethon, a television tradition for decades that has slowly disappeared from view since the sudden end of Jerry Lewis' role as host following the 2010 show.
- Weight Watchers founder Jean Nidetch dies at age 91 Updated: Apr-29-15 12:44 pm
PARKLAND, Florida - A half-century after dropping 70 pounds and keeping them off, Weight Watchers founder Jean Nidetch made some allowances: Cokes in her fridge, Klondikes in her freezer, the occasional potato or extra piece of bread on her plate. But she never again touched the chocolate marshmallow cookies she called her ultimate weakness, the treat she'd stash in the hamper and eat by the boxful in the middle of the night, all the while praying she'd choke on her next bite.
- Weight Watchers founder Jean Nidetch dies at age 91 Updated: Apr-29-15 11:22 am
PARKLAND, Florida - Jean Nidetch, a New York housewife who tackled her own obesity, then shared her guiding principles with others in meetings that became known as Weight Watchers, the most widely known company of its kind, died Wednesday. She was 91.
- Documentary filmmakers' memoir gives backstage peek at stars Updated: Apr-16-15 1:16 pm
"In the Company of Legends" (Beaufort), by Joan Kramer and David Heeley