- As errors, losses mount, Nationals get extra work Updated: Apr-23-14 7:03 pm
- Span's sacrifice fly in 9th lifts Nats over Cards Updated: Apr-20-14 7:03 pm
- Wainwright throws 2-hitter, Cards beat Nats 8-0 Updated: Apr-18-14 12:00 am
- Werth HR helps Nats rally past Marlins, 6-3 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:26 pm
- Benches clear in Nationals-Marlins game Updated: Apr-15-14 11:57 pm
- Strasburg, Werth help Nationals beat Marlins 7-1 Updated: Apr-10-14 8:35 pm
- Nationals avoid sweep with 2-1 win over Braves Updated: Apr-06-14 6:08 pm
- Nats Desmond has HR changed to 2B on replay review Updated: Apr-04-14 3:20 pm
- MLB back with replays, metal detectors, comebacks Updated: Apr-01-14 2:43 am
- With Williams in charge, Nationals eye playoffs Updated: Mar-25-14 7:01 pm
WASHINGTON - As part of rookie manager Matt Williams' emphasis on defense, the Washington Nationals regularly schedule extra infield practice for their backups.
WASHINGTON - Denard Span's approach with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth inning proves math pays off.
WASHINGTON - Adam Wainwright was as close to unhittable as he's ever been.
MIAMI - The Washington Nationals' comeback victory against Jose Fernandez felt well-deserved, even if the pivotal runs were unearned.
MIAMI - Washington Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond and Miami Marlins catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia got into a heated, nose-to-nose conversation at home plate, prompting both benches to clear during the fourth inning.
WASHINGTON - After Stephen Strasburg failed to get out of the fifth inning in his second start this season, he had a little chat with Nationals teammate Ian Desmond about changing his approach on the mound.
WASHINGTON - Ian Desmond didn't dip, and he hit a dinger.
WASHINGTON - Ian Desmond's inside-the-park homer was overturned on replay review and changed to a ground-rule double in the fifth inning of Washington's game against Atlanta on Friday.
Jimmy Rollins began the season with a slam, Neil Walker with a walkoff homer and the Washington Nationals with a thrilling ninth-inning comeback.