- Where have the multi-sport high school athletes gone? Updated: Apr-29-16 2:17 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Harrison Heffley played nearly every sport that caught his interest during junior high and high school, from his dominant trade of baseball to basketball, football and even golf.
- If they build a golf course, will they come to Olympics? Updated: Apr-26-16 6:26 pm
Building the new golf course in Rio de Janeiro in time for the Olympics once was considered the biggest obstacle.
- Woods making progress toward a return; no date set Updated: Apr-26-16 2:37 pm
Tiger Woods registered for the U.S. Open, which was more procedure than pronouncement. Three weeks later, he played five holes during the official opening of the golf course he designed outside Houston. The next step is returning to competition, for which the timeframe remains unknown.
- Schwartzel becomes 4th major champion to skip Olympics Updated: Apr-25-16 5:50 pm
Charl Schwartzel of South Africa is the latest player to drop out of the Olympics, making him the fourth major champion in the last two weeks to decide against being part of golf's return after a 112-year absence.
- Oosthuizen latest top golfer to pull out of Rio Olympics Updated: Apr-21-16 4:00 pm
Louis Oosthuizen of South Africa won't be taking part in golf's return to the Olympics this year, the third major champion to withdraw in the last week as the deadline nears to confirm participation.
- Need help with game? Nicklaus mentors the next generation Updated: Apr-19-16 11:53 am
Justin Thomas could sense his expectations getting higher and his game going nowhere.
- Branden Grace seeking bigger things after RBC Heritage title Updated: Apr-18-16 2:29 am
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, South Carolina - Branden Grace could not wait to win on the PGA Tour. And now he's looking for more - much more.
- Bohn's Back: PGA golfer returns to game after heart attack Updated: Apr-13-16 4:36 pm
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, South Carolina - Jason Bohn laughed with his playing partners Wednesday after leaving the second green with an eagle-3 at the RBC Heritage pro-am.
- Georgia editorial roundup Updated: Apr-13-16 1:49 pm
Recent editorials from Georgia newspapers:
- Small consolation for Spieth: He still has a green jacket Updated: Apr-12-16 5:40 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Don't feel sorry for Jordan Spieth because he had to put the green jacket on Danny Willett right after throwing away the Masters.
- Stricker to be US captain at Presidents Cup Updated: Apr-12-16 3:43 pm
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Steve Stricker and Nick Price, with reputations for being "nice guys" on the PGA Tour, now get to square off as Presidents Cup captains.
- Clarke has spring in step to start Ryder Cup trophy tour Updated: Apr-12-16 9:02 am
PORTRUSH, Northern Ireland - Darren Clarke launched the Ryder Cup trophy tour from Royal Portrush Golf Club in his native Northern Ireland on Tuesday, and the European captain had a spring in his step.
- Willett's jacket: A Masters won as much as it was lost Updated: Apr-11-16 10:10 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - A big deficit. A collapse that was painful to watch. An Englishman in a green jacket who might not get his due.
- Jordan Spieth: Where does he go after epic Masters meltdown? Updated: Apr-11-16 1:53 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Where does Jordan Spieth go from here?
- Column: Spieth's masterful miss 'Should have played a draw' Updated: Apr-10-16 11:11 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Golf has seen bigger collapses. Some were probably tougher to watch.
- The Latest: Willett wins the Masters after Spieth collapses Updated: Apr-10-16 7:31 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - The Latest from the final round of the Masters on Sunday (all times local):
- Spieth in control with a Masters victory in sight Updated: Apr-10-16 5:22 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Jordan Spieth closed out the front nine with four straight birdies to build a five-shot lead going into the final stretch of the Masters.
- Smylie Kaufman surprising Masters contender - to some Updated: Apr-09-16 8:54 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Smylie Kaufman still lives at his parents' Alabama home, has a loyal following at tournaments that often consists of mom or dad and has eaten dinner every night this week at his family's Augusta rental.
- One for the ages: At 58, Langer is a Masters contender Updated: Apr-09-16 8:43 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - On the 30th anniversary of Jack Nicklaus' final Masters victory, another ageless blond is making a run at the green jacket.
- Faldo shows the way on coming from behind at the Masters Updated: Apr-09-16 1:57 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - No lead is too safe at the Masters. No deficit is too daunting.
- McIlroy roars back into contention in the Masters Updated: Apr-08-16 7:58 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Rory McIlroy knows better than most how quickly fortunes can change in the Masters.
- Big 3: Day goes sour on 15, 16, 17 at Masters Updated: Apr-07-16 8:49 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - The Big Three for Jason Day on Thursday: 15, 16 and 17.
- Key hole at the Masters Updated: Apr-07-16 8:31 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - A look at the key hole Thursday in the first round of the Masters:
- Danny Lee enjoys triumphant return to Masters Updated: Apr-07-16 7:52 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Danny Lee made sure his return to the Masters was worth the wait.
- Big debacle for Big Easy: A 6-putt 9 to start the Masters Updated: Apr-07-16 7:35 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Ernie Els was 2 feet from a par to start the Masters.