- Billy Eppler welcomes high expectations as Angels' new GM Updated: Oct-05-15 6:51 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Billy Eppler knows his new job as the Los Angeles Angels' general manager looks particularly tough. He knows all about the organizational power wielded by manager Mike Scioscia and the high expectations of owner Arte Moreno.
- Bryant has best-selling baseball jersey; Bumgarner 2nd Updated: Oct-05-15 12:01 pm
NEW YORK - Chicago Cubs first baseman Kris Bryant has the most popular jersey among big leaguers this season, the first rookie to top the list since Major League Baseball and its players' union started releasing sales rankings from MLB.com's online shop in 2010.
- Close calls in Cy Young races; Harper, Donaldson for MVP Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
NEW YORK - Here's how stacked the NL Cy Young race is: Max Scherzer struck out 276 batters with a 2.79 ERA and became the first major leaguer in 42 years to throw two no-hitters in one season.
- Rangers 2-1 loss to Angels keeps them from clinching AL West Updated: Oct-03-15 1:38 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Elvis Andrus and the Texas Rangers didn't even wait around to see if they would clinch the AL West title Friday night. The champagne was put away for another day.
- Angels win 2-1 to prevent Rangers from clinching AL West Updated: Oct-03-15 1:37 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - With Mike Trout and Albert Pujols leading the way, the Los Angeles Angels are still in the chase for a playoff spot.
- Angels fall to Rangers 5-3, turn focus to wild-card race Updated: Oct-02-15 1:08 am
- Barry Zito is content after A's 8-7 win over Angels Updated: Oct-01-15 12:41 am
ANAHEIM, California - Barry Zito's big league career began 15 years ago with a win over the Angels in Oakland. It might have ended Wednesday with four innings against the Angels in the waning days of a losing season.
- Angels slowed with 8-7 loss to Athletics Updated: Oct-01-15 12:00 am
ANAHEIM, California - Collin Cowgill's soft groundout to third wasn't a terribly appropriate way to end a seven-game winning streak and a rollicking homestand that propelled the Los Angeles Angels back into playoff position.
- A's lose 4th straight, 8-1 to streaking Angels Updated: Sep-30-15 2:22 am
- Angels rally for 6-5 win over Astros to close wild-card gap Updated: Sep-23-15 7:37 pm
HOUSTON - The Los Angeles Angels aren't where they want to be yet, but they're closer than they were at the start of the week.
- Montero homer leads Mariners past Angels 3-1 Updated: Sep-17-15 2:03 am
SEATTLE - Jesus Montero provided the big blow for Seattle, continuing to get the best of Jered Weaver.
- Lowrie's HR caps Astros' 5-run rally in 9th past Angels 5-3 Updated: Sep-13-15 8:34 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Houston Astros were down three runs and down to their final out. Preston Tucker was down to his last strike, with nobody on base and dominant Angels closer Huston Street on the mound.
- Angels hope for late rally to salvage an up-and-down season Updated: Sep-10-15 6:19 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Although Albert Pujols' sore right foot has reduced him to a designated hitter down the stretch for the Los Angeles Angels, the veteran first baseman hasn't missed a game in three weeks.
- Dodgers' 5-game winning streak ends with 3-2 loss to Angels Updated: Sep-10-15 2:17 am
- Pujols gets big RBI; Angels avoid sweep, beat Dodgers 3-2 Updated: Sep-10-15 2:03 am
ANAHEIM, California - Garrett Richards largely dominated the Los Angeles Dodgers until Chase Utley slapped his 109th and final pitch into left field, driving in the tying run.