- Warriors' Stephen Curry voted NBA's MVP over Harden, James Updated: May-04-15 5:30 pm
OAKLAND, California - His voice cracked first. Then, his eyes got red. Finally, Stephen Curry cried.
- AP Source: Warriors star Stephen Curry to be named NBA MVP Updated: May-03-15 11:47 pm
OAKLAND, California - Some called him too small. Others too fragile.
- Mayor expresses support for sports arena in Seattle suburb Updated: Apr-28-15 8:38 pm
TUKWILA, Washington - The mayor of the Seattle suburb of Tukwila has sent letters to NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and NBA Commissioner Adam Silver expressing his support for a proposed new multipurpose arena that could house franchises for both leagues.
- Silver unsure about intentional fouling, expects discussion Updated: Apr-23-15 5:47 pm
NEW YORK - NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Thursday he is "on the fence" about intentional fouling away from the ball and expects the league to be "very engaged" about the tactic over the coming months.
- Hawks reach agreement to sell NBA team for $850 million Updated: Apr-23-15 3:26 am
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks are taking care of business during the NBA playoffs - on and off the court.
- NBA to play exhibition game in South Africa Updated: Apr-22-15 6:20 pm
JOHANNESBURG - The NBA will play an exhibition game Aug. 1 in South Africa.
- NBA announces exhibition game in South Africa on Aug. 1 Updated: Apr-22-15 7:17 am
JOHANNESBURG - Luol Deng and Chris Paul will play in an NBA exhibition game in South Africa on Aug. 1, the league said on Wednesday in its biggest step to win some territory on the soccer-mad African continent.
- Toronto GM Masai Ujiri and team fined for expletive Updated: Apr-19-15 7:56 pm
NEW YORK - Toronto general manager Masai Ujiri was fined $35,000 and the team docked $25,000 by the NBA on Sunday for his expletive Saturday talking about Washington forward Paul Pierce when addressing fans before the Raptors' playoff opener.
- Raptors GM uses expletive before playoff opener with Wizards Updated: Apr-18-15 3:54 pm
TORONTO - Toronto general manager Masai Ujiri used an expletive Saturday talking about Washington forward Paul Pierce when addressing fans before the Raptors playoff opener.
- Spurs, Clippers not daunted by their tough first-round draw Updated: Apr-17-15 7:32 pm
LOS ANGELES - When the NBA finalized its playoff schedule this week, one pairing looked out of place.
- NBA could alter schedule, but no change to playoffs, lottery Updated: Apr-17-15 5:59 pm
NEW YORK - NBA owners held their first serious discussions about the playoff format, though Commissioner Adam Silver said Friday it was too soon to tell if there was interest in changing it.
- Rod Thorn retiring as NBA President in August Updated: Apr-13-15 7:48 pm
NEW YORK - Rod Thorn returned to the NBA league office in 2013 with a commitment to stay two years.
- Clippers beat Lakers 105-100 in rematch 48 hours later Updated: Apr-08-15 2:29 am
LOS ANGELES - The Clippers have three games left until the playoffs begin. They can't get there soon enough.