- ABA team owner and envied dealmaker Ozzie Silna dies Updated: Apr-28-16 11:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - Ozzie Silna, who turned a fading American Basketball Association franchise into a four-decade windfall of nearly $800 million from the NBA in what's commonly called the greatest deal in sports history, has died at age 83.
- Column: Can Vegas win a longshot bet on the Raiders? Updated: Apr-27-16 4:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - This is a town built on taking money from people, not giving it to them.
- Jordan reiterates Hornets opposed to discrimination Updated: Apr-26-16 10:37 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Michael Jordan reiterated that the Charlotte Hornets are opposed to House Bill 2, which was recently passed in North Carolina and could prevent the NBA All-Star Game from coming to Charlotte.
- Griffin out for rest of playoffs, Paul has hand surgery Updated: Apr-26-16 6:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin is out for the rest of the playoffs after aggravating his left quadriceps tendon and Chris Paul had right hand surgery Tuesday, leaving the stunned Los Angeles Clippers without their top two players for the remainder of their first-round series against Portland.
- Column: NASCAR stumbles again, looks more and more clueless Updated: Apr-22-16 5:40 pm
So much for trying to be inclusive, NASCAR.
- Silver: Change in NC law needed for All-Star in Charlotte Updated: Apr-21-16 6:39 pm
NEW YORK - Commissioner Adam Silver believes the NBA has been "crystal clear" that the 2017 All-Star Game only stays in Charlotte if a North Carolina law goes.
- The NBA makes new play in Africa in pursuit of fans Updated: Apr-21-16 8:06 am
The NBA is making a new play for fans in Africa by splitting with the continent's biggest sports broadcaster and teaming up with a Zimbabwean telecommunications entrepreneur who started his first business with $75.
- Silver: NC law 'problematic' to NBA, no decision on All-Star Updated: Apr-15-16 6:45 pm
NEW YORK - NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Friday a North Carolina law that limits anti-discrimination protections for lesbian, gay and transgender people remains "problematic" for the league, but he said there is no decision on moving next year's All-Star Game out of Charlotte.
- NBA to begin selling jersey sponsorships in 2017-18 Updated: Apr-15-16 5:28 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA will begin putting sponsorship logos on player uniforms in 2017-18, a move that could generate at least $100 million annually and a step that the NFL, Major League Baseball and NHL have yet to take.
- What a night! Golden State wins 73, Kobe scores 60 in finale Updated: Apr-14-16 3:52 am
The stars did not disappoint.
- Curry shoots Warriors to 73rd win, breaking Bulls' mark Updated: Apr-14-16 2:29 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors took their last shot at Michael Jordan and history and they swished it - for 73.