- Economic experiment shows limits of NKorean change Updated: Dec-10-13 5:34 am
- China says it hopes for stability in North Korea Updated: Dec-10-13 4:50 am
- US skeptical NKorea moves will ease nuke tensions Updated: Dec-10-13 3:19 am
- Purge sends chilling message to NKorea's elite Updated: Dec-09-13 11:41 pm
- Biden meets with SKorea leader, pledges Asia focus Updated: Dec-05-13 11:11 pm
- Some question SKorea spy claim about Kim's uncle Updated: Dec-04-13 6:26 am
- Obama, Cyrus among GQ's least influential list Updated: Nov-24-13 12:06 pm
- Rodman ready to bring his game back to North Korea Updated: Nov-22-13 6:09 pm
- AP names Carovillano managing editor for US news Updated: Nov-21-13 11:41 am
- Rodman revels in relations with North Korea Updated: Nov-20-13 11:29 pm
RAJIN, North Korea - Many of the ways in which this dusty, windswept area differs from most of North Korea are easiest to see at night.
BEIJING - China, North Korea's most important ally, said Tuesday it wants friendly relations and hopes for stability in its neighbor following the purging of a top official considered close to Beijing.
WASHINGTON - The dramatic ouster of the uncle of North Korea's young ruler has sidelined the man reputed to be the second most powerful official in the secretive hierarchy. But Washington is not banking on a radical shift in Pyongyang's nuclear policy.
SEOUL, South Korea - While the rest of North Korea's top brass leaped to their feet before Kim Jong Un, clapping wildly in a requisite show of respect at high-level meetings, his uncle, Jang Song Thaek, often seemed nonchalant, at times even bored. Once considered the force behind the young leader, he displayed a bold insouciance that seemed calculated to show he was beyond reach.
SEOUL, South Korea - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden declared Friday that America's pledge to expand its Asian footprint shouldn't be doubted as he met with South Korean President Park Geun-hye.
SEOUL, South Korea - It's intriguing news: the claim by South Korea's spy agency that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un probably sacked the country's second-most-powerful official - his uncle. But the first question is, is it true?
LOS ANGELES - Dennis Rodman is at the top of a list no one wants to be on. He's been named GQ's No. 1 least influential celebrity of 2013.
CHICAGO - Dennis Rodman is preparing to thrill North Korean fans during an exhibition basketball tour there late next month.
NEW YORK - Brian Carovillano, an experienced editor who has directed coverage both domestically and overseas, has been named The Associated Press' managing editor for U.S. news.
Dennis Rodman wants to belly up to the bar with some friends and order a shot of peace talks.