- Seoul: North Korean leader Kim demotes top official Updated: Nov-24-15 4:37 am
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is believed to have demoted one of his top officials and sent him to a rural collective farm for reeducation, South Korea's spy agency told lawmakers Tuesday.
- Former South Korean President Kim Young-sam dies at age 87 Updated: Nov-21-15 2:27 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Former President Kim Young-sam, who formally ended decades of military rule in South Korea and accepted a massive international bailout during the 1997-1998 Asian financial crisis, died Sunday. He was 87.
- NKorean diplomat: UN chief should improve relations Updated: Nov-17-15 1:48 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A senior North Korean diplomat says he knows nothing about reported plans for a visit to Pyongyang by U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, but that if the U.N. chief does come he should help improve relations between the two Koreas and between the North and the United Nations.
- Report: UN chief to visit North Korea this week Updated: Nov-16-15 5:31 am
SEOUL, South Korea - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will visit Pyongyang this week for a possible meeting with leader Kim Jong Un, a South Korean news report said.
- SKorea leader open to NKorea talks if nuclear progress made Updated: Nov-13-15 8:55 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea's president said Friday that she is open to talking directly with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un if the North makes progress in abandoning its nuclear bomb ambitions.
- N. Korea to hold biggest party congress in decades Updated: Oct-30-15 12:24 am
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea's ruling party said Friday it will hold its biggest convention in decades next May.