- Roundup of Arkansas editorials Updated: Aug-25-15 9:04 am
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers:
- Pine Bluff Democrat announces switch to Republican Party Updated: Aug-20-15 6:17 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - State Rep. Mike Holcomb said Thursday he's switching to the Republican Party, criticizing Democrats for their support of Planned Parenthood as part of the reason why he became the first Arkansas legislator to leave the party since a GOP sweep in November.
- Hannah resigning as Arkansas chief justice at end of month Updated: Aug-13-15 7:17 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Supreme Court Chief Justice Jim Hannah said Thursday he's resigning at the end of August because of health problems, months after accusing other justices of unnecessarily delaying proceedings in a gay marriage case.
- Cruz enlists help of religious objections law's sponsor Updated: Aug-12-15 5:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Texas Sen. Ted Cruz enlisted the help of the legislator behind Arkansas' religious objections law on Wednesday as the Republican presidential hopeful tried to rally support in rival Mike Huckabee's home state.
- Harding University senior vice president named to board Updated: Aug-03-15 6:34 pm
SEARCY, Arkansas - Harding University's senior vice president has been named to the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Arkansas AG, lawmakers denounce Obama power plant rules Updated: Aug-03-15 5:40 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Attorney General Leslie Rutledge and other top Republicans in Arkansas are criticizing and vowing to fight President Barack Obama's plan to dramatically cut emissions from U.S. power plants.
- Arkansas governor names new senior health policy adviser Updated: Aug-03-15 4:47 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson has hired a staffer for fellow Republican U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton as his new senior health policy adviser.