- Task force starts hearings on Common Core standards Updated: Apr-23-15 7:02 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A governor-appointed task force studying whether the Common Core education standards are a good fit for Arkansas held the first of several daylong hearings Thursday at the state Capitol.
- Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP White House hopefuls Updated: Apr-23-15 11:41 am
NEW YORK - For Democratic politicians, same-sex marriage has become an easy issue: They're for it. Many Republican VIPs - notably the presidential hopefuls - face a far more complicated landscape.
- Arkansas governor selects 3 justices for gay marriage case Updated: Apr-14-15 4:45 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A former Supreme Court justice who helped strike down Arkansas' ban on gay foster parents and an ex-legislator who tried to reinstate that prohibition were appointed Tuesday to help decide a case related to the challenge over same-sex marriage.
- Arkansas governor touts successes from legislative session Updated: Apr-10-15 3:53 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson says a legislative session where he won support for several of his key agenda items, including a $102 million tax cut and an effort to ease prison overcrowding, "reflected the best of Arkansas." But the Republican governor acknowledged several unresolved issues still need to be addressed.
- Senator's staff talks reimbursement with health providers Updated: Apr-08-15 8:02 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Representatives from dozens of Arkansas medical facilities told stories Wednesday of lost medical records, requests for reimbursement that have gone unpaid for months and other problems when asking federal officials to pay for medical care provided to veterans.