- Russian injuries: Zaripov out, Datsyuk not joining team Updated: May-02-15 2:56 pm
PRAGUE - Russia's campaign at the ice hockey world championship has received a blow after forward Danis Zaripov was ruled out for the rest of the tournament.
- Babcock says he's still uncertain about coaching future Updated: May-01-15 6:20 pm
DETROIT - Mike Babcock says he's not rushing into any decisions about his future.
- Babcock's future the focus as Red Wings head into offseason Updated: Apr-30-15 8:17 pm
DETROIT - For the Detroit Red Wings, early exits from the postseason are becoming all too common.
- Mrazek shuts down Lightning again, Red Wings win Game 5 Updated: Apr-25-15 10:49 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Petr Mrazek's confidence is growing by the victory.
- Red Wings' Abdelkader expected back in Game 3 Updated: Apr-20-15 8:29 pm
- Red Wings began playoffs amid uncertainty over future Updated: Apr-14-15 7:12 pm
DETROIT - Mike Babcock is in the final year of his contract, Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk aren't getting any younger - and Detroit has not advanced past the second round of the playoffs since 2009.
- Mrazek leads Red Wings past Hurricanes 2-0 Updated: Apr-11-15 10:44 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Detroit Red Wings gave Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk the night off. They didn't really need their stars - not with Petr Mrazek stopping every shot he faced.
- Canadiens beat Red Wings 4-3 in OT on Eller goal Updated: Apr-10-15 12:05 am
MONTREAL - Move over Jacques Plante and Ken Dryden. Make room for Carey Price at the top.
- Red Wings beat Hurricanes 3-2, but haven't clinched yet Updated: Apr-07-15 11:39 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings raised their sticks to the crowd and skated off the ice - and it sure felt like they were finally about to wrap up their 24th consecutive playoff berth.
- Green, Holtby lead Capitals to 2-1 win over Red Wings Updated: Apr-05-15 10:41 pm
DETROIT - With the Stanley Cup playoffs about a week away, Braden Holtby is rounding into form for the Washington Capitals.
- Red Wings beat Wild 3-2 in 8th round of shootout Updated: Apr-04-15 11:44 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Darren Helm didn't expect to have the game on his stick eight rounds into a shootout. Yet it was his goal that gave Detroit a crucial extra point.