- Georgetown's NCAA hopes take big hit from Nova Updated: Mar-08-14 6:14 pm
- Hilliard leads No. 6 Villanova past Georgetown Updated: Mar-08-14 5:42 pm
- Georgetown beats No. 13 Creighton 75-63 Updated: Mar-04-14 11:35 pm
- No. 13 Creighton falls to Georgetown 75-63 Updated: Mar-04-14 10:56 pm
- Georgetown beats Xavier 74-52; snaps 2-game skid Updated: Feb-22-14 2:23 pm
- Georgetown beats Butler 71-63 Updated: Feb-08-14 3:26 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Georgetown's bid to make the NCAA tournament took another hit on Saturday, and the Hoyas now will likely need a deep run in the Big East tournament to have any chance qualify.
PHILADELPHIA - Villanova coach Jay Wright believed his Wildcats had a chance to be good this season, thanks to the players' chemistry. He just didn't expect them to be this good.
WASHINGTON - Georgetown coach John Thompson III said his team was "floating" back in January, trying to reshape its identity when injuries and academic issues contributed to a five-game losing streak.
WASHINGTON - Shut down by Georgetown, Doug McDermott was trying to get open in the lane late in the first half. The ball never made it to him.
WASHINGTON - Markel Starks scored 22 points and guided an efficient Georgetown offense, which shot 52 percent from the floor, as the Hoyas beat Xavier 74-52 on Saturday.
WASHINGTON - Markel Starks scored 19 points and Georgetown won its third straight game, defeating Butler 71-63 Saturday afternoon at Verizon Center.