- Entrepreneurship grows in Egypt's flailing economy Updated: Mar-07-14 2:11 am
- Egypt: El-Sissi gives sign of presidential run Updated: Mar-04-14 1:25 pm
- Egypt army 'AIDS detector' instead finds ridicule Updated: Feb-27-14 7:00 pm
- First Egyptian film at Oscars not shown at home Updated: Feb-27-14 5:34 pm
- AP INTERVIEW: Female party head doubts Egypt path Updated: Feb-24-14 2:22 pm
- South Korean tourists killed in Sinai bombing Updated: Feb-16-14 6:17 pm
- Putin backs Egypt army chief's run for president Updated: Feb-13-14 3:38 pm
- Egypt military chief heads to Moscow in rare visit Updated: Feb-12-14 5:08 pm
- Egypt's ousted president says protests "useless" Updated: Feb-10-14 6:17 pm
- Violence risks turning Egypt to jihadi front Updated: Feb-07-14 2:01 pm
CAIRO - In Egypt's newest reality television show, contestants sold fruit juice from push carts in Cairo's busiest market and later organized a desert safari for tourists, hustling to make sales in the capital's crowded streets.
CAIRO - Egypt's military chief, Field Marshal Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, gave his strongest indication yet that he intends to run for president, saying Tuesday that he "can't turn his back" to public demands. In a campaign-style speech, he said Egyptians must unite and end street turmoil to tackle the country's mounting economic and security woes.
CAIRO - Egypt's military leaders have come under ridicule after the chief army engineer unveiled what he described as a "miraculous" set of devices that detect and cure AIDS, hepatitis and other viruses.
CAIRO - Directors of Egypt's first Oscar-nominated film will be walking the red carpet at the Oscars ceremony next week in Los Angeles, but most Egyptians have yet to see the hard-hitting movie that chronicles the country's unrest over the past three years.
CAIRO - The first woman elected to head an Egyptian political party expressed doubt over the country's transition to democracy on Monday, criticizing the interim authorities' increasing intolerance of dissent.
CAIRO - An explosion tore through a bus filled with South Korean sightseers in the Sinai Peninsula on Sunday, killing at least four people and raising fears that Islamic militants have renewed a bloody campaign to wreck Egypt's tourism industry.
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday wished Egypt's military chief victory in the nation's presidential vote, even though he has yet to announce his bid - a strong endorsement signaling Moscow's desire to expand its military and other ties with a key U.S. ally in the Middle East.
CAIRO - Egypt's military chief headed to Russia Wednesday on his first trip abroad since ousting the country's Islamist president, part of a shift to reduce reliance on the United States at a time of frictions between the longtime allies.
CAIRO - Egypt's ousted President Mohammed Morsi says protests by his supporters and the violent crackdown against them are "useless" in a recording of a private conversation with one of his lawyers that was leaked by security authorities eager to show the Islamist leader in a less defiant posture.
CAIRO - An Islamic militant group that has waged a campaign of bombings and assassinations for months in Egypt has quickly advanced in weaponry and sophistication of attacks, drawing on the experience of Egyptians who fought in Syria's civil war.