- Finance ministers: Economy stronger but fragile Updated: Apr-13-14 5:22 am
- Longtime Canadian finance minister dies Updated: Apr-10-14 9:09 pm
- ECB dismisses deflation fears, says ready to act Updated: Apr-03-14 2:07 pm
- ECB chief Draghi rejects IMF head Lagarde's advice Updated: Apr-03-14 2:06 pm
- IMF leader calls for bold policies to aid recovery Updated: Apr-02-14 4:13 pm
WASHINGTON - The world's top financial officials say they believe the global economy is strengthening but that growth remains fragile and open to risks of new geopolitical strife, as in Ukraine.
TORONTO - Former Canadian finance minister Jim Flaherty, a fixture on the world financial stage who stepped down just three weeks ago, has died. He was 64.
BRUSSELS - The European Central Bank on Thursday dismissed fears that consumer prices might fall in the 18-nation eurozone, a situation that would drag down the economy. It stressed, however, that it is ready to counter that threat in new ways if needed.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Tensions between two of the world's leading financial decision-makers emerged into public view Thursday as the European Central Bank's president rejected advice by International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde.
WASHINGTON - The head of the International Monetary Fund warned Wednesday that leading nations need to embrace bold policy steps to accelerate a still-modest and fragile global economic recovery.