- Millions of birds dead due to flu to be disposed of soon Updated: May-23-15 5:13 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Millions of Iowa birds killed or destroyed in the wake of a bird flu outbreak should be disposed of or incinerated within the next week, according to U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack.
- Leahy, Grassley back bill on humanitarian patents Updated: May-23-15 3:34 pm
- INSIDE WASHINGTON: No fallout for congressional health plan Updated: May-13-15 1:27 pm
WASHINGTON - If the Supreme Court rules the way most Republicans want in the latest health overhaul case, GOP lawmakers who now have insurance coverage under President Barack Obama's law might have some explaining to do.
- US reprimands agents after man forgotten in San Diego cell Updated: May-05-15 5:37 pm
SAN DIEGO - The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration issued reprimands and suspensions of up to seven days to agents involved in detaining a college student who was handcuffed and forgotten in a cell for five days - punishments that drew criticism from the Justice Department and others for being too light.
- DHS No. 2 regrets perception of favoritism in visa cases Updated: Apr-30-15 3:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Homeland Security Deputy Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas steadfastly defended his work on three foreign-investor visa cases while testifying before a House committee Thursday, following allegations that he used his post to help well-connected Democrats.
- Obama lives up to pledge to slow immigrant deportations Updated: Apr-29-15 8:00 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has failed to live up to a campaign promise to push through immigration legislation, but he has met a postelection pledge to slow deportations with or without approval from Congress.
- Senate panel votes to expand tax-free college accounts Updated: Apr-29-15 6:17 pm
WASHINGTON - A Senate panel passed a bill Wednesday that would expand popular tax-free college savings accounts that President Barack Obama failed to scale back.
- The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Iowans see a bumper crop Updated: Apr-25-15 10:48 pm
9 p.m. CDT (10 p.m. EDT)