- US judge overturns 6-week abortion ban Updated: Apr-16-14 5:12 pm
- Officials gather in ND to discuss new EPA rules Updated: Apr-16-14 4:06 pm
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Apr-10-14 10:44 am
- New ND 'Blue Book' highlights state's 125 years Updated: Apr-09-14 3:10 pm
- North Dakota GOP endorses incumbent for ag post Updated: Apr-06-14 5:22 pm
- State GOP convention formally starts in Minot Updated: Apr-05-14 7:03 pm
- ND PSC member Fedorchak gets GOP endorsement Updated: Apr-05-14 5:15 pm
- Outdoor Heritage Fund gets $5 million in requests Updated: Apr-03-14 8:09 am
- Heads of FAA, Transportation coming to ND in April Updated: Mar-27-14 11:10 am
- ND records nation's highest personal income growth Updated: Mar-25-14 6:22 pm
- ND could lose soldiers due to National Guard cuts Updated: Mar-23-14 6:49 pm
- Dalrymple, Hoeven tour new Minot middle school Updated: Mar-20-14 7:13 pm
- ND delegation going on trade mission to Canada Updated: Mar-19-14 5:07 am
- Police: Ex-ND attorney general Spaeth found dead Updated: Mar-17-14 3:58 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A federal judge on Wednesday overturned a North Dakota law that bans abortions when a fetal heartbeat can be detected, which can be as early as six weeks into pregnancy and before many women know they're pregnant.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple on Wednesday signaled a potential legal challenge to proposed federal rules aimed at cutting carbon dioxide emissions from coal-fired power plants and oil refineries.
Minot Daily News, Minot, April 8, 2014
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's new Blue Book pays tribute to 125 years of statehood, including a section of information and photos comparing the lives of pioneers to residents today.
MINOT, North Dakota - Foreseeing a tough fight in the fall to retain the agriculture commissioner seat, North Dakota Republicans endorsed incumbent Doug Goehring for re-election to the post over a political newcomer from a small town in the northeastern part of the state.
MINOT, North Dakota - Oil rich and conservative North Dakota is "paving the way for the rest of the country to go from blue to red," GOP National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus told state Republicans on Saturday.
MINOT, North Dakota - Appointed Public Service Commissioner Julie Fedorchak has the approval of Republican convention delegates to seek a permanent seat in 2014.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Industrial Commission has received 25 requests seeking a total of more than $5 million from the state's new Outdoor Heritage Fund, in the second round of grants.
FARGO, North Dakota - The heads of the Federal Aviation Administration and the federal Transportation Department are scheduled to come to North Dakota next month.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota recorded the highest personal income growth among all states in 2013, earning the spot for the sixth time in the last seven years.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota National Guard could lose about 210 soldiers under a proposed reduction of personnel called for in the U.S. Department of Defense's recommended budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
MINOT, North Dakota - North Dakota officials have toured the new Minot middle school that was rebuilt after being damaged by floods in 2011.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota leaders are going on a trade mission to Canada.
FARGO, North Dakota - Police in eastern North Dakota say former attorney general Nicholas John Spaeth (spayth) was found dead this weekend.