- Matz's back injury could cost him Division Series start Updated: Oct-03-15 12:50 am
- Eickhoff dominates Mets, Phillies win 3-0 Updated: Oct-01-15 7:06 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The New York Mets are going home and hoping to stay there for a while.
- Mets reliever Robles suspended for 3 games for high pitch Updated: Oct-01-15 4:44 pm
NEW YORK - New York Mets reliever Hansel Robles has been suspended for three games for throwing near the head of a batter after both teams had been warned.
- Eickhoff strikes out 10 Mets as Phillies win 3-0 Updated: Oct-01-15 3:43 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Jerad Eickhoff pumped his fist and pounded his glove after his final pitch to finish off an impressive rookie season.
- Mets slugger Cespedes hit in hand by pitch, fingers bruised Updated: Sep-30-15 10:18 pm
PHILADELPHIA - New York Mets slugger Yoenis Cespedes was bruised on two fingers of his left hand after being hit by a pitch Wednesday night against the Phillies.
- Sore wrist doesn't stop Braves' Freeman from driving in 5 Updated: Sep-24-15 12:43 am
NEW YORK - Freddie Freeman's right wrist looked just fine.
- Freeman drives in 5 runs off bench, Braves stun Mets 6-3 Updated: Sep-23-15 11:46 pm
NEW YORK - David Wright had nothing to say to his friend Freddie Freeman as the Braves' slugger rounded the bases in the ninth inning.
- Harvey pulled after 5, Mets fall apart in 11-2 loss to Yanks Updated: Sep-21-15 2:33 am
NEW YORK - Managing innings for Matt Harvey plus an entire team in a pennant race is becoming quite a headache for Terry Collins.
- Yanks take advantage of Harvey's exit, rout sloppy Mets 11-2 Updated: Sep-21-15 2:26 am
NEW YORK - There's certainly one New York team elated about the limit on Matt Harvey's innings - and it's not the first-place Mets.
- Morales hits 3 homers for Royals in 10-3 win at Detroit Updated: Sep-20-15 6:00 pm
DETROIT - The Kansas City Royals signed Kendrys Morales last offseason to add some power to what had been a fairly punchless offense in 2014.
- Kendrys Morales has 3 homers for Royals at Detroit Updated: Sep-20-15 4:18 pm
DETROIT - Kansas City's Kendrys Morales has hit three home runs Sunday against the Detroit Tigers, and he also has set a team record with 15 total bases.
- Yankees no match for Matz in Subway Series opener loss Updated: Sep-19-15 12:31 am
NEW YORK - A Yankees lineup missing Alex Rodriguez, Brian McCann and Jacoby Ellsbury was little match for rookie Steven Matz and the stingy Mets pitching staff.
- Conley has best start of career, Marlins beat Mets 6-0 Updated: Sep-16-15 11:30 pm
NEW YORK - David Wright refused to make excuses for two lethargic losses to Miami. Still, he's looking forward to a brief break before the rival Yankees come to Citi Field for a tantalizing three-game series between teams making a playoff push.
- Koehler plunks Cespedes; Marlins beat deGrom and Mets 9-3 Updated: Sep-16-15 1:07 am
NEW YORK - Tom Koehler insisted he didn't hit Yoenis Cespedes on purpose. What the right-hander definitely was trying to do was beat the New York Mets, which hasn't been easy lately.
- Cespedes out of Mets' starting lineup for just the 2nd time Updated: Sep-13-15 1:36 pm
ATLANTA - The Mets left slugger Yoenis Cespedes out of the starting lineup Sunday for just the second time since he was acquired from Detroit on July 31.
- Nationals reliever Storen breaks right thumb in angry fit Updated: Sep-12-15 6:24 pm
MIAMI - The stumbling Washington Nationals are now hurting themselves.
- Cespedes is big hit, becomes latest super summer addition Updated: Sep-11-15 2:54 am
NEW YORK - As the New York Mets were packing up last week for their road trip, Yoenis Cespedes leaned into his locker and accidentally smacked his head on something.
- Cespedes, Mets rally past Nationals again for 3-game sweep Updated: Sep-10-15 12:16 am
- Prado's RBI double in 11th gives Marlins 6-5 win over Mets Updated: Sep-05-15 12:20 am
MIAMI - The New York Mets came from behind twice, and that wasn't enough.
- Summer makeover has 1st-place Mets primed for playoff run Updated: Sep-03-15 8:57 pm
NEW YORK - David Wright can hardly contain his excitement.