- Clubhouse chemistry in digital age: Winning still cures all Updated: May-05-15 3:39 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Relaxing with a cup of coffee in the Minnesota Twins' clubhouse one day last year at spring training, Eddie Guardado looked around.
- Ross outdueled by Bumgarner as Padres lose opener to Giants Updated: May-05-15 2:14 am
- Bumgarner pitches Giants past Padres for fourth straight win Updated: May-05-15 1:50 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Madison Bumgarner refuses to talk about the notion of getting on a roll. It's not the way he operates, and his way has worked out pretty well so far.
- Weaver struggles again in Angels' 5-0 loss to Giants Updated: May-03-15 7:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Jered Weaver had hoped to get his season back on track after stumbling through his first five starts.
- Giants beat Angels 5-0 behind Lincecum for 3-game sweep Updated: May-03-15 7:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Tim Lincecum's fastball averages about 89 mph this season, down from 93-95 mph when he won consecutive NL Cy Young Awards in 2008 and '09.
- Vogelsong gives up 4 HRs in Giants' 7-3 loss to Dodgers Updated: Apr-30-15 3:05 am
LOS ANGELES - Ryan Vogelsong gave up home runs to four of his first 11 batters - three of them in the first inning - in a ballpark that is usually very stingy when it comes to yielding the long ball.
- Dodgers hit 4 HRs off Vogelsong in 7-3 win over Giants Updated: Apr-30-15 2:26 am
LOS ANGELES - Home runs are difficult to hit at Dodger Stadium at night because of the marine layer hanging over the ballpark. The home team didn't have much trouble hitting them out against Ryan Vogelsong on Wednesday night, however.
- Maxwell hits winning single in 10th, Giants sweep Dodgers Updated: Apr-23-15 7:33 pm
- Data deluge: MLB rolls out Statcast analytics on Tuesday Updated: Apr-20-15 6:41 pm
NEW YORK - Which outfielder sprints the fastest and runs the longest to snag line drives into the gap? Which shortstop is best at throwing from the grass to nip the runner at first? Which catcher gets the ball to second base the quickest?
- First-place Rockies complete sweep of struggling Giants Updated: Apr-16-15 2:15 am
SAN FRANCISCO - As if this week couldn't get much better for Colorado's Nolan Arenado, he now gets to head home to Orange County and spend his 24th birthday Thursday eating some home cooking by his mother, Millie.
- Rockies beat Giants to spoil San Francisco's home opener Updated: Apr-13-15 9:20 pm
- Giants beat Arizona 5-2 for Heston's first big league win Updated: Apr-09-15 1:53 am
PHOENIX - Chris Heston plunked the first batter he faced and compounded it by throwing the ball into right field while trying to pick him off. The two-base error led to a run, not exactly the start a pitcher going for his first big league win wanted.
- Matt Cain put on disabled list by banged-up Giants Updated: Apr-08-15 3:39 am
PHOENIX - Two games into the season, the World Series champion San Francisco Giants are beset by injuries to several key players.