- The movies that will keep buzzing after Cannes Updated: May-25-15 8:40 am
CANNES, France - The Cannes Film Festival is a grand hierarchy with strictly defined elevations of movies and media access, where films are met by high praise or lowly boos. And so there was a strange fittingness that the scandal of the 68th Cannes Film Festival, where all status is measured, came down to the importance of a few inches.
- Audiard's 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or in upset Cannes finale Updated: May-24-15 11:53 pm
CANNES, France - The 68th Cannes Film Festival was brought to a surprising close Sunday with Jacques Audiard's Sri Lankan refugee drama taking the festival's coveted top honor, the Palme d'Or.
- Harvey Keitel's hunger still strong in Sorrentino's 'Youth' Updated: May-22-15 1:53 pm
CANNES, France - The aging stars of "Youth" are slowly rousing the morning after a late night in Cannes celebrating the premiere of Paolo Sorrentino's latest film.
- Filmmakers defend a language switch at English-heavy Cannes Updated: May-19-15 6:25 pm
CANNES, France - The Cannes Film Festival is as close to the movies' answer to the United Nations. The filmmakers and media of the world are usually represented in one way or the other. The Croisette, Cannes' seaside promenade, is usually a babble of tongues.
- CANNES WATCH: Star-studded Calvin Klein event honors women Updated: May-19-15 6:52 am
CANNES - The star-studded Calvin Klein Women in Film soiree could not have come at a more appropriate moment - at a Cannes Film Festival where the dearth of women directors has been a major theme.
- The shellfish giant: 'The Lobster' makes a big Cannes splash Updated: May-17-15 3:10 pm
CANNES, France - Yorgos Lanthimos has people in Cannes imagining themselves as animals.
- CANNES TREND: It's all eyes on shoulders on red carpet Updated: May-17-15 1:34 pm
CANNES - It's all eyes on shoulders at the Cannes Film Festival, with red-carpet stars ditching the bust in favor of accentuating the upper torso and shoulders - through embellishments or bare skin.
- Cannes kicks off with French drama, Coen brothers, ballet Updated: May-13-15 3:33 pm
CANNES, France - The Cannes Film Festival unrolled its red carpet with a socially minded French drama as the usually glitzy festival began Wednesday on a more serious note after January's terror attacks in Paris.