- Reds closer Chapman throws off mound for 1st time Updated: Apr-14-14 6:29 pm
- Reds' offense struggles during rocky start Updated: Apr-10-14 5:24 pm
- Reds CF Billy Hamilton scratched with finger jam Updated: Apr-05-14 12:38 pm
- Reds expect Broxton back next week for closer role Updated: Apr-02-14 5:25 pm
- Defending champ Cards open against depleted Reds Updated: Mar-30-14 9:52 pm
- Reds open season with 8 players on disabled list Updated: Mar-30-14 4:54 pm
- Reds lose to Bats 1-0 in shortened game Updated: Mar-29-14 8:17 pm
- BASEBALL 2014: Major shifts all around the majors Updated: Mar-28-14 7:13 pm
- Reds RHP Cueto to start opening day in Cincinnati Updated: Mar-27-14 3:59 pm
- Reds have big concerns about pitching at outset Updated: Mar-25-14 7:26 pm
- Raburn homers in return to the field Updated: Mar-24-14 9:30 pm
- Brewers rough up Leake with 6-run second inning Updated: Mar-23-14 9:27 pm
- Phillips, Bernadina power Reds past Cubs 8-3 Updated: Mar-22-14 9:27 pm
- Price says Reds' Latos won't be ready for season Updated: Mar-21-14 4:21 pm
- Longoria, Ramos lead Rays to 5-4 win over Twins Updated: Mar-21-14 12:15 am
- Reds' Chapman 'lucky' to have only broken bone Updated: Mar-20-14 11:41 pm
- Cueto scratched, Reds beat Rangers 5-4 in 10 Updated: Mar-20-14 9:41 pm
- Walks hurt Nicasio, Rockies in 4-3 loss to Brewers Updated: Mar-20-14 9:20 pm
- Dietrich breaks nose in Marlins' win Updated: Mar-20-14 6:22 pm
- Reds closer Chapman hit in face by line drive Updated: Mar-20-14 3:48 am
CINCINNATI - Reds closer Aroldis Chapman threw off a mound on Monday for the first time since he was hit in the forehead by a line drive during spring training.
CINCINNATI - The Reds' season has started a lot like the last one ended, with a lot of losses set up by a lot runners stranded on base.
CINCINNATI - Reliever Jonathan Broxton could be ready to pitch next week, giving the Cincinnati Reds an experienced closer until Aroldis Chapman is ready to return from a head injury.
CINCINNATI - No waiting for one of the NL Central's longstanding rivalries to resume. The Cardinals and Reds can start playing their annual game of look-who's-in-first right from the first pitch.
CINCINNATI - The Reds will open the season with eight players on the disabled list, including starter Mat Latos, closer Aroldis Chapman and catcher Devin Mesoraco.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Homer Bailey pitched three innings without problem, showing he has recovered from a groin injury, and the Cincinnati Reds ended their spring training schedule by losing to their Triple-A Louisville Bats team 1-0 on Saturday in a rain-shortened game.
Mike Scioscia moved his left fielder onto the infield dirt, then watched him start a double play. Matt Williams tried a similar trick - he put his right fielder on the grass behind the mound, only to see a bases-loaded triple fly into the vacated spot.
GOODYEAR, Arizona - Johnny Cueto is set to start on opening day for the Cincinnati Reds for the third straight season.
CINCINNATI - Bryan Price's father worked for a savings and loan that had San Francisco Giants season tickets and would make some of them available to employees.
GOODYEAR, Arizona - Lyle Overbay got good news this morning and celebrated with his bat.
MESA, Arizona - Brandon Phillips hit his third home run in four games and Roger Bernadina added to his big spring for Cincinnati, belting a three-run shot and driving in four runs to help the Reds defeat the Chicago Cubs 8-3 on Saturday.
GOODYEAR, Arizona - Reds manager Bryan Price doesn't expect right-hander Mat Latos to be ready for the start of the season, leaving Cincinnati's rotation in flux for the opening weeks.
GOODYEAR, Arizona - Cincinnati Reds closer Aroldis Chapman underwent a 2½-hour operation Thursday to repair a broken bone above his left eye but has no other serious injuries after being hit in the face by a line drive in a spring training game.
GOODYEAR, Arizona - Johnny Cueto was scratched because of a sore back Thursday, giving Cincinnati another concern about its pitching staff, but the Reds rallied for a 5-4 victory over the Texas Rangers on Joey Votto's bases-loaded walk in the 10th inning.
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Juan Nicasio retired his first seven batters before control problems hit, Boone Logan struggled in his Colorado debut and the Milwaukee Brewers beat the Rockies 4-3 on Thursday.
JUPITER, Florida - Miami second baseman Derek Dietrich broke his nose when he was struck in the face by a bad-hop single during the Marlins' 4-3 win over the St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday.
SURPRISE, Arizona - Cincinnati Reds closer Aroldis Chapman broke bones above his left eye and nose when he was hit by a line drive Wednesday night, the latest frightening injury to a pitcher struck in the head by a batted ball.