- Montana Supreme Court rejects Beach request for new sentence Updated: May-05-15 4:45 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected a re-sentencing request from a man convicted of killing his high-school classmate in 1979 when they both were teenagers.
- Actor Jeff Bridges donates more to Montana hunger campaign Updated: Apr-30-15 1:45 pm
HELENA, Montana - The governor has announced that actor Jeff Bridges and a national nonprofit have contributed an additional $40,000 to the Montana No Kid Hungry Campaign.
- Tester, Daines seek approval of Blackfeet water agreement Updated: Apr-29-15 6:30 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. Sens. Jon Tester and Steve Daines are asking Congress to approve a water rights settlement with the Blackfeet tribe that's been in the works for more than three decades.
- Attorney general asks judge to dismiss irrigators' challenge Updated: Apr-22-15 7:29 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Attorney General's office asked a state judge on Wednesday to dismiss a lawsuit intended to stall the Flathead tribal water compact.
- Gov. Steve Bullock signs Montana anti-bullying bill into law Updated: Apr-21-15 6:30 pm
HELENA, Montana - It took more than 10 years, several proposals and countless stories from young people who have suffered, but on Tuesday, Montana joined every other state in the nation with an anti-bullying law.
- New Montana game tagging law doesn't salve hunters' anger Updated: Apr-19-15 1:41 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A new law enacted this year by the Montana Legislature clarifies when hunters must tag animals they successfully take in the state.
- FAA, Air Force completing final work for airspace expansion Updated: Apr-14-15 8:37 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Federal officials are completing the final work required on a newly approved aerial training area over the northern Plains, and military bombers could begin roaring overhead as soon as September.
- Bullock raises nearly $540K for re-election campaign Updated: Apr-14-15 3:05 pm
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock is ramping up fundraising for his 2016 campaign.
- Former Montana Governor Tim Babcock dies at age 95 Updated: Apr-07-15 4:56 pm
HELENA, Montana - Former Gov. Tim Babcock, who served seven years as Montana's chief executive and was a fixture on the Republican political scene for decades, has died at the age of 95.