- Montana governor has nearly $600K in bank for election bid Updated: Jul-07-15 5:25 pm
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock now has $596,000 in the bank for his re-election bid, sitting on half a million dollars more than any other candidate for public office in Montana despite raising considerably less money this spring than he did in winter.
- Wyoming governor elected chairman of western association Updated: Jun-27-15 12:14 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Gov. Matt Mead is taking over as chairman of the Western Governors' Association.
- Supreme Court ruling means 41,000 Montanans keep subsidies Updated: Jun-25-15 1:09 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Supreme Court's decision Thursday to uphold tax credits for customers using the U.S. government's health insurance exchange means more than 41,000 Montana residents will continue to receive the subsidies that lower the cost of their premiums.
- State to create new Office of American Indian Health Updated: Jun-16-15 7:40 pm
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock signed an executive order Tuesday to establish a state Office of American Indian Health, saying the current health care system in Indian Country limits access to preventative care and quality health care services and providers.
- Montana not yet meeting prison-rape reduction standards Updated: Jun-12-15 1:43 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana does not yet meet the federal standards meant to reduce prison rape, but the state has made progress and aims to be compliant within the next year and a half, Gov. Steve Bullock told federal officials.
- Bison restoration study steers clear of specific sites Updated: Jun-11-15 7:56 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A long-awaited study on wild bison weighs restoring the burly animals to public, tribal or private lands in Montana more than a century after they were driven to near-extinction.
- Graveside services to be allowed at veterans cemeteries Updated: Jun-11-15 12:57 pm
HELENA, Montana - The governor has issued a directive that says graveside services at state veterans cemeteries will again be allowed upon request.