- Audiard's 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or in upset Cannes finale Updated: May-24-15 11:53 pm
CANNES, France - The 68th Cannes Film Festival was brought to a surprising close Sunday with Jacques Audiard's Sri Lankan refugee drama taking the festival's coveted top honor, the Palme d'Or.
- 60th birthday for Cannes' Palme d'Or top film trophy Updated: May-24-15 7:37 am
CANNES, France - As the Palme d'Or sits in its cushioned box awaiting Sunday's Cannes winner, the film festival's top prize might be taking stock of its own lifetime of achievements - on this, its 60th birthday.
- At Cannes, Michel Franco's 'Chronic' looks death in the face Updated: May-24-15 4:25 am
CANNES, France - Death is something we'd all like to avoid. But director Michel Franco thinks a reluctance to look at the end of life is unhealthy.
- Harvey Keitel's hunger still strong in Sorrentino's 'Youth' Updated: May-22-15 1:53 pm
CANNES, France - The aging stars of "Youth" are slowly rousing the morning after a late night in Cannes celebrating the premiere of Paolo Sorrentino's latest film.
- Tim Roth deals with death, sadness in Cannes entry 'Chronic' Updated: May-22-15 8:08 am
CANNES, France - Tim Roth toned things down for his role in the Cannes Film Festival entry "Chronic."
- Rise of Netflix met warily at Cannes Film Festival Updated: May-15-15 1:58 pm
CANNES, France - In Netflix's first official visit to the Cannes Film Festival, the streaming service's ambitions have been met warily at the Cote d'Azure cinema capital, a 68-year-old movie palace reverential to the theater-going experience.
- Harvey Weinstein offers peek at 'Hateful Eight' at Cannes Updated: May-14-15 3:21 pm
CANNES, France - Harvey Weinstein offered a peek at Quentin Tarantino's film "The Hateful Eight" at the Cannes Film Festival on Thursday as the movie mogul previewed the Weinstein Co.'s upcoming slate.
- Shifting in a new direction, Jack Black rides 'The D Train' Updated: May-06-15 1:58 pm
NEW YORK - At an East Village restaurant over dinner recently, after ordering mussels and selecting a white wine, Jack Black proffered a theatrical "Gratzi" to the waitress. He then leaned in expectantly, his gymnastic eyebrows raised, eagerly awaiting a response that didn't come.