- Supreme Court split on rewriting Ala. Constitution Updated: Mar-09-14 1:35 pm
- Bills change criteria for Alabama teacher layoffs Updated: Mar-05-14 4:01 pm
- Ala. Senate OKs bonus for retired state workers Updated: Mar-04-14 6:47 pm
- House approves bill for Ala. spay, neuter clinics Updated: Feb-25-14 7:04 pm
- Alabama senator seeks Common Core repeal Updated: Feb-21-14 8:04 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's highest court is divided over whether the state Legislature is acting legally by rewriting the state Constitution a few portions at a time.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - House and Senate committees have approved bills saying that seniority can't be the most significant factor considered by city and county school boards when they write policies for laying off teachers due to funding problems or declining enrollment.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Senate is trying to give retired state employees their first pension bonus since 2008.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama House of Representatives on Tuesday passed a bill aimed at making sure that nonprofit spay and neuter clinics can keep their doors open.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A state legislator is seeking a Senate floor showdown on his proposal to repeal the Common Core curriculum standards, an issue that has divided the state's Republicans and sparked passionate debate over what the standards mean for Alabama classrooms.