- Florida Republicans exploring Senate run work party meeting Updated: May-16-15 3:52 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Chances are good that U.S. Rep. Ron DeSantis will have a primary opponent as he seeks Marco Rubio's Senate seat, and four people also considering a run were at the Republican Party of Florida's quarterly meeting Saturday gauging interest for possible campaigns.
- In the NFL, helmet sensors are a sensitive issue Updated: May-16-15 9:38 am
NEW ORLEANS - When big-money NFL careers are at stake, the use of impact-measuring sensors in football helmets isn't as routine as one might expect.
- Former VA exec during disease outbreak asked to stop working Updated: May-14-15 1:38 pm
PITTSBURGH - A former regional director who helped oversee the Pittsburgh VA during a Legionnaires' outbreak has been asked to stop working under a contract with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Gov. Mike Pence passes law to address vacant housing Updated: May-11-15 4:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - City officials in Indianapolis are applauding a vacant housing law signed by Indiana Gov. Mike Pence signed, despite the fact that it won't let municipalities hold banks responsible for upkeep on so-called "zombie homes."
- House panel issues subpoena in Philadelphia VA probe Updated: Apr-30-15 2:39 pm
WASHINGTON - A House committee voted Thursday to issue a subpoena of the Department of Veterans Affairs for personnel and complaint files at its Philadelphia office, part of an expanding probe into mishandling of veterans' disability and pensions claims.
- NFL increasing support of youth football with flag program Updated: Apr-29-15 2:17 am
The NFL is enhancing its commitment to upgrading equipment for youth football organizations, and along with USA Football and GENYOUth will distribute 1 million flag football kits to 2,500 schools nationwide.