- Mass., Conn., RI senators highlight climate change Updated: Mar-08-14 4:16 pm
- Congress set to take 1st steps on Ukraine, Russia Updated: Mar-06-14 10:38 am
- US taking steps to help NATO allies in Europe Updated: Mar-05-14 3:08 pm
- Holder-Winfield wins special election in Conn. Updated: Feb-26-14 2:59 am
- Obama threatens consequences for Ukraine violence Updated: Feb-19-14 9:42 pm
- Vulnerable Democrats try straddle on 'Obamacare' Updated: Feb-08-14 3:19 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - U.S. senators from Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island are among 28 lawmakers who are preparing to hold the Senate floor all night long to urge congressional action on climate change.
WASHINGTON - The House of Representatives was poised Thursday to pass the first aid bill for Ukraine's new, pro-Western government, while both chambers of Congress looked to advance legislation imposing hard-hitting sanctions on Russian President Vladimir Putin's government.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration took steps Wednesday to support the defenses of U.S. allies in Europe in response to Russia's takeover of Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Democratic state Rep. Gary Holder-Winfield of New Haven has won a special state senate election to succeed veteran Toni Harp, who's now the mayor of New Haven.
TOLUCA, Mexico - President Barack Obama on Wednesday urged Ukraine to avoid violence against peaceful protesters or face consequences, as the United States considered joining European partners to impose sanctions aimed at ending deadly street clashes that are sparking fears of civil war.
WASHINGTON - Hit with a multimillion-dollar barrage of televised attacks, Democrats in tough re-election races want credit for trying to fix the problematic parts of the health care law at the same time they claim bragging rights for its popular provisions and allege Republicans will reverse the law's crackdown on insurance company abuses.