- Blue Jays land Price in Toronto's 2nd big trade of week Updated: Jul-30-15 5:48 pm
DETROIT - Toronto acquired All-Star left-hander David Price from the Detroit Tigers on Thursday, the second major move in less than a week by the Blue Jays as they chase their first postseason appearance since 1993.
- Pirates designate Worley to make room for reliever Blanton Updated: Jul-30-15 5:29 pm
CINCINNATI - Vance Worley was excited when he found out that former teammate Joe Blanton would be joining the Pittsburgh Pirates' bullpen. He was surprised at what came next.
- Reds call up lefty David Holmberg to start vs Pirates Updated: Jul-30-15 4:43 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds recalled left-hander David Holmberg from the minor leagues to start against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Thursday, taking Johnny Cueto's spot. Cincinnati traded its 20-game winner to Kansas City on Sunday.
- Royals denied 4-game sweep, routed by Indians 12-1 Updated: Jul-29-15 5:20 pm
CLEVELAND - One bad afternoon did little to dampen the spirits of the reigning AL champion Royals.
- Indians avoid winless homestand, beat Royals 12-1 Updated: Jul-29-15 5:03 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Indians found the perfect way to avoid a winless homestand.
- Tigers drop to 4th place after 10-2 loss to Rays Updated: Jul-29-15 12:12 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Detroit manager Brad Ausmus isn't sure if his Detroit Tigers are losing their confidence.
- Royals acquire versatile Ben Zobrist from A's Updated: Jul-28-15 9:29 pm
CLEVELAND - Back in college, Ben Zobrist once kicked Ned Yost out of his apartment.
- Johnny Cueto joins Royals following trade Updated: Jul-28-15 6:05 pm
CLEVELAND - Johnny Cueto spent part of his first hours with the Kansas City Royals running up and down the steps inside an empty Progressive Field.
- Reed wins Texas League honor before being traded to Reds Updated: Jul-27-15 3:09 pm
SPRINGDALE, Arkansas - Former Northwest Arkansas pitcher Cody Reed picked up his first honor as the Texas League's Pitcher of the Week just before being traded from the Kansas City Royals' organization to the Cincinnati Reds'.
- Parity, extra wild card gives many teams hope in AL Updated: Jul-27-15 3:18 am
The Oakland Athletics have lost four in a row and already traded one of their top pitchers when they sent Scott Kazmir to Houston. They are nobody's idea of a contender.
- Rockies hit 5 homers, power way to 17-7 win over Reds Updated: Jul-26-15 9:15 pm
DENVER - Carlos Gonzalez's bat is officially scorching. His demand may be heating up, too, as the trade deadline draws closer.
- Royals get Cueto in trade with Reds Updated: Jul-26-15 9:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals acquired Johnny Cueto in a trade with Cincinnati on Sunday, sending three prospects to the Reds for a legitimate ace for the front of their beleaguered rotation.
- Royals celebrate Cueto deal with 5-1 victory over Astros Updated: Jul-26-15 6:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - This was one nice day for Kansas City's rotation.
- Cueto wild before Reds lose to Indians in 11 Updated: Jul-19-15 7:56 pm
CINCINNATI - Johnny Cueto was uncharacteristically wild.
- Gomes, Kipnis lift Indians past Reds in 11 Updated: Jul-19-15 7:20 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cleveland Indians had plenty of scoring chances. They cashed in on just enough to squeeze out a win.
- Exhilarating All-Star week over, Reds will look to deal Updated: Jul-15-15 3:08 pm
CINCINNATI - Todd Frazier won the Home Run Derby with final-swing drama. Aroldis Chapman blew 'em away in the ninth inning. Even the rain stayed away, moving through town without interrupting the biggest moments of the All-Star Game.
- Playoff races, trade talks highlight 2nd half of MLB season Updated: Jul-15-15 11:21 am
The Cardinals are really good, the Phillies are really bad, and then there's everyone else.
- Chapman hits 103 mph in 9th inning of NL's 6-3 All-Star loss Updated: Jul-15-15 2:48 am
CINCINNATI - Aroldis Chapman's first pitch zoomed in at 99 mph. The Reds closer was just warming up.
- NL pitchers a bit off as AL rolls to 6-3 All-Star win Updated: Jul-15-15 1:07 am
CINCINNATI - Four pitches into the game, Zack Greinke left one up just a little bit. At Great American Ball Park, that's too much.
- Haren escapes repeated jams to help Marlins beat Reds 8-1 Updated: Jul-12-15 5:30 pm
MIAMI - Pitching against Johnny Cueto, Dan Haren figured he needed to be at his best. With runners on base, he was.
- Johnny Cueto throws tantrum as Reds lose to Marlins 8-1 Updated: Jul-12-15 5:17 pm
MIAMI - The Cincinnati Reds made a mess of their final game before the All-Star break, and not just because of the ice scattered across the dugout floor after Johnny Cueto angrily sent a cooler flying.
- Royals' Moustakas, Cardinals' Martinez win final fan vote Updated: Jul-10-15 8:48 pm
NEW YORK - Kansas City Royals third baseman Mike Moustakas and St. Louis Cardinals right-hander Carlos Martinez are going to the All-Star Game as winners of the final fan vote.
- Cincinnati eager for All-Star spotlight on city's progress Updated: Jul-10-15 12:38 pm
CINCINNATI - Leaders of the host city for baseball's All-Star Game say Cincinnati is ready for its close-up.
- Reds-Nationals game postponed by rain; no makeup date yet Updated: Jul-08-15 9:11 pm
- Royals, Cardinals form alliance for All-Star final vote Updated: Jul-08-15 7:03 pm