- 10-second rule withdrawn by NCAA rules committee Updated: Mar-05-14 6:30 pm
- Gus Malzahn, Bobby Bowden agree on slow-down rule Updated: Mar-02-14 9:24 pm
- Cal AD blasts Bielema for referencing player death Updated: Feb-21-14 8:57 pm
- Bielema says expects slow-down proposal to pass Updated: Feb-20-14 10:03 pm
- Malzahn wants slowdown rule tabled until next year Updated: Feb-18-14 6:47 pm
NEW YORK - Round 1 in the fight over pace of play in college football goes to those who have the need for speed.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Auburn coach Gus Malzahn was in his second year leading a high school program when he watched Florida State's Bobby Bowden turn up the tempo with a quarterback who was on his way to the Heisman Trophy.
California Athletic Director Sandy Barbour says it was "beyond inappropriate" for Arkansas coach Bret Bielema to reference the death of Golden Bears player Ted Agu while defending his position on the NCAA rule proposal to slow up-tempo offenses.
SEARCY, Arkansas - Bret Bielema made an impassioned case in favor of the much-scrutinized proposal to slow down college offenses on Thursday night.
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn coach Gus Malzahn wants to slow down consideration of a rule taking aim at uptempo offenses.