- US gas boom: A tool against Russian coercion Updated: Mar-12-14 12:19 pm
- Analysts: Russia unlikely to pull back in Crimea Updated: Mar-05-14 11:52 am
- Obama names delegation to Olympic closing ceremony Updated: Feb-15-14 5:12 pm
- Billie Jean King to attend Sochi closing ceremony Updated: Feb-15-14 2:57 pm
- US delegation member calls Olympic trip 'humbling' Updated: Feb-13-14 2:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The United States, with its abundant supplies of natural gas, would seem to have an easy answer to Europe's fears that a strong response to Russia's rapid takeover of Ukraine's Crimea region could prompt Vladimir Putin to shut down gas lines that keep European homes warm, factories humming and electricity flowing.
WASHINGTON - Russia is unlikely to pull back its military forces in Ukraine's Crimean peninsula, analysts and former Obama administration officials say, forcing the United States and Europe into a more limited strategy of trying to prevent President Vladimir Putin from making advances elsewhere in the former Soviet republic.
WASHINGTON - Tennis star Billie Jean King, who couldn't attend the opening of the Sochi Olympics because of her mother's illness, will be a member of President Barack Obama's official delegation to the games' closing ceremony.
WASHINGTON - Billie Jean King will attend the closing ceremony of the Sochi Olympics in Russia.
SOCHI, Russia - A member of the U.S. Olympic delegation sent to Sochi by President Barack Obama said Thursday she witnessed no backlash over the inclusion of homosexuals in the group as an apparent protest over anti-gay laws in Russia.