- Keystone XL pipeline part of larger Senate fight Updated: Apr-24-14 5:29 pm
- Democrat Tom Udall raises $1M for Senate race Updated: Apr-24-14 4:15 pm
- Delay won't quell 2014 wrangling over Keystone XL Updated: Apr-19-14 3:46 am
- Va. base to be home for embassy training center Updated: Apr-17-14 7:17 pm
- Hotel magnate, Democratic fundraiser pleads guilty Updated: Apr-17-14 3:07 pm
- Gillespie raises $2.2 million in Va. Senate bid Updated: Apr-15-14 11:32 am
- 11 Senate Democrats to Obama: Approve Keystone XL Updated: Apr-10-14 5:37 pm
- Sen. Warner campaign says it has nearly $9 million Updated: Apr-09-14 4:17 pm
- US recognition of Va. tribes moves forward Updated: Apr-02-14 5:45 pm
- Navy gunman once faced murder charge in NC Updated: Mar-28-14 6:31 pm
- Obama says more than 6M signed up for health care Updated: Mar-27-14 4:58 pm
- Warner has 15-point lead on Gillespie in poll Updated: Mar-27-14 8:08 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Alison Grimes is the latest Democratic Senate candidate to call for building the Keystone XL oil pipeline. But the move hasn't cost her support among some environmentalists as she tries to win the seat now held by Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Democratic incumbent Tom Udall holds a large fundraising advantage over two Republican challengers in the race for New Mexico's U.S. Senate seat.
WASHINGTON - Democrats sweating this year's elections may be hoping that the Obama administration's latest delay to the proposed Keystone XL pipeline takes a politically fraught issue off the table for the midterms.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Members of Virginia's congressional delegation say Fort Pickett will be the home of a training center for U.S. diplomatic personnel assigned to high-threat areas around the globe.
NEW YORK - A wealthy hotel executive and Democratic fundraiser who supported Hilary Clinton for president pleaded guilty Thursday to charges he secretly funneled more than $180,000 in illegal campaign contributions to three unnamed candidates and coached someone to lie about it.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Republican Ed Gillespie's campaign announced Tuesday that it had raised $2.2 million in its bid to unseat U.S. Sen. Mark Warner, a sizable haul for a non-incumbent.
WASHINGTON - Eleven Senate Democrats, including six who face contested races this year, urged President Barack Obama on Thursday to approve the Keystone XL oil pipeline by the end of May.
RICHMOND, Virginia - U.S. Sen. Mark Warner has nearly $9 million to spend on his re-election campaign, which has yet to begin in earnest, the Democratic senator and former governor's campaign announced Wednesday.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Legislation that would grant long-sought federal recognition of six Virginia Indian tribes is headed to the full U.S. Senate.
NORFOLK, Virginia - The civilian truck driver the Navy says killed a sailor aboard a ship in Virginia once faced a murder charge in North Carolina but ended up pleading guilty to voluntary manslaughter and was out of prison less than two years later, court records show.
WASHINGTON - Back on track after a stumbling start, President Barack Obama's heath care overhaul reached a milestone Thursday, with more than 6 million Americans signed up for coverage through new insurance markets.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A new poll shows Democratic U.S. Sen. Mark Warner has a 15-point advantage over former Republican National Committee Chairman Ed Gillespie.