- Va. Cherokee tribe told to wait in recognition bid Updated: Mar-09-14 9:48 am
- Obama warns party to focus on 2014, not 2016 Updated: Mar-08-14 3:22 am
- Va., W.Va. senators to discuss coal at DC event Updated: Mar-05-14 3:14 am
- Primaries offer 1st major test of voter ID laws Updated: Feb-28-14 2:55 pm
- Courses unveiled for 2015 World Championships Updated: Feb-25-14 5:32 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Maybe they needed a celebrity - say, someone like Wayne Newton - to make their pitch.
WASHINGTON - Democrats could get walloped in the November elections. The party gets sleepy and distracted in the midterms. And its supporters simply may not show up to vote.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Two U.S. senators from West Virginia and Virginia are teaming up to discuss the nation's energy future and how coal can play a role in it.
WASHINGTON - In elections that begin next week, voters in 10 states will be required to present photo identification before casting ballots - the first major test of voter ID laws after years of legal challenges arguing that the measures are designed to suppress voting.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The organizing committee for the 2015 UCI Road World Championships unveiled the courses for the nine-day event on Tuesday, and the layouts not only will provide stern tests for the premier bicycle racers in the world, but also highlight the best of what Richmond offers to a worldwide television audience.